Don't let this happen to you !!!!!!!!!

Dunc

post-2387-13726263753863_thumb.jpg.jpg]

If this can happen to mine it can happen to anyone.....

This as happened over 12 months ( new comp then ) wish I had took more shots after cleaning it but just wanted to get it back in the comp.

For those that are not sure what it is or does its dust and can kill your computer !!!!!!!!!!

Symptoms of deterioration......

Paging ( things like pictures taking ages to open of flickering )

Random shut downs of computer ( This is what made me look )

Noise

Cleaning.....

Is really easy if you know what you doing, I took the CPU fan off took it to bits vacuumed it out then used flash wipes and its come out like new :)

post-7-13586008825418_thumb.jpg

post-7-13586008826193_thumb.jpg

Yup I give mine a "Henry" once per month.

It's amazing how much crap builds up in there over a short time.

What about a laptop? Are they immune! :)

No they suck just as much crap in through the cooling fan vents.

Looks like the computer has been lying in the sea for a few months :rolleyes:

Mu current computer doesn't have this problem too much, the front is one big opening for the air to come in but at the same time acts as a filter for all the hair and dust. I just need to swipe the front once in a few months and it's usually good again :)

Just a note: DO NOT vacuum your fans when they're still attached! My dad once had the bright idea to do this because it looked like an easy way to get all the dust off it. He blew up the motor that powers the fans that way :rolleyes:

This happened to my Xbox 360 Elite not more than a week ago, trying to take the casing off of it so I could get a vacuum in there was a pain in the ass. After about an hour or two I finally had it dust free, it red ringed once a year ago and was bogging down lately. So thats when I decided to give it a look, packed full with dust. Can't imagine how it ran that long. Anyways "Pl-l3@l2 ']['3l-l ]l)u§'][' ]l3u|\| |\|i3§!!!"