hello from daivd

well i have caught the bug, the sibe bug.

like most other husky owners, i think my sibes are the best thing since sliced bread

so we own micha who is 8-9 months old, whos is white, and we have had since she was a puppy. she has such a wonderfull character, and completley disarms any dog that comes to see her. no other dog has ever barked at her, or shown any agression.

and we own saskia. who is 3 1/2 ish. she is also white, she is a very good example of well behved husky.

she comes when called if you can believe that, never destroys anything again unbelievable.

the only down side to her is she will try to dominate any dog that barks at her.

saskia's old owners could not look after her, and to be honest shouldnt have ever had her, they kept on gushing about how pretty she is and how nice it is to have people come up and say what a beautifull dog, a real head turner.

when we turned up saskia was up at the front gate wich was only 2 foot tall.

the owners told us they needed to rehome her as they where unable to put in the excercise she needed.

they also showed us tricks she can do by bribing her with jaffa cakes.

she has bald patches where she has spent so much time on concrete. and they where using a choke chain to control her.

she has been with us 3 weeks just over, she has had her shots, because the previous owners let them slide.

she has lost a lot of fat already, we where worried that she was loosing 2 much weight, but she actually put on weight in the form of muscle.

and i wont even mention the plaque build up on her teeth.

her back legs which we thought might have hip displasia, because of the way she runs have turned out ok.

the vet has given her a clean bill of health

any way here are a couple of pics of saskia and micha

3658254_3d3c3212e6_m.jpg

yes i know they are not wearing leads, but they dont run away, because we run them on our pushbikes and walk them for miles and miles a day

3724086_b0b49d3460_m.jpg

saskia is the larger of the two.

oh 1 more pic

i think they have bonded rather well

3724088_2bcab4ea57_m.jpg

David - Welcome. The last photo really says it all doesn't it? What beautiful animals. Kudos to you for taking such good care of them.

Hi, David, welcome to the pack!

Knowing the majority of huskies can't be let off lead, it is wonderful to see 2 beautiful sibes running free like that. Congrats with what you have achieved with Saskia, she looks great.

I look forward to reading your sibe experiences around our forum - and of course, MANY more pics!!

Hello David, welcome to the pack :)

I LOVE your sibes!!!!!!!!!! If you ever need a dogsitter I will come around ;) I would love a white female but my boys are not neutured yet and we dont have the space so 'Crystal' is going to have to wait :(

We have meet ups throughout the year from small local meet ups to our bigger meet ups where all sides of the UK come along :) Our next big meet up is going to be at the end of October if you are interested to come along. would be great to meet you and your girls :D