my screen!!!!!!!

Nix do you have anything that could even potentially be magnetic near it?

Doesn't a magnetic object just deform the colours with the old screens? Don't think it does anything to the modern LCD/TFT-screen? I've been having a very strong magnetic toy lying right beneath my two screens for months and nothing has broken yet. If I do it with my old CRT-screen however... And besides, it looks very differently as well

Doesn't a magnetic object just deform the colours with the old screens? Don't think it does anything to the modern LCD/TFT-screen? I've been having a very strong magnetic toy lying right beneath my two screens for months and nothing has broken yet. If I do it with my old CRT-screen however... And besides, it looks very differently as well

Not sure if Im honest about LCD but your right on the effect, it would usually screw the colouring. Looks like it might be a bad connection on the ribbon or something as the pixels look to be completely off. Cant see that many pixels on a screen going at once unless its been hit by something.

Sorry I don't a thing about computers, but have learned reading this. Never heard about a screen being cracked and leaking. When I got this computer (laptop) I wanted to put a cute dog magnet on the top, but was told by someone in an email that he had someone at work put a magnet on their work computer and it took all the info out of the computer. I was just having trouble this morning (the operator) and I restored it to yesterday, about the only thing that I know to do. I have to pay a yearly fee to talk to a Gateway tech, since I know nothing I pay and of course it's always a software problem (another fee). :( Hope that you get it figured out.

i cant see any crack

its not as big now - small black part n a small coloured part over the top - erm nothing magnetic near it that i know of - usually only things near my laptop are my phone and ipod - ocassiaonally my 3ds too - this is what it looks like now

(not the best pic)

.jpg]

i dont seem to be having much luck atm

post-95-13585994795987_thumb.jpg

Don't think it's cracked, as it would bleed across the screen, and would be permenant.

Would either be the plastic surround pressure, LCD panel on the way out, inverter. Doubt it's magnetic as the speakers are just below, and they will have a magnet (all be it not a large one)

If you run your finger over the black blob, pressing lightly does the size increase or decrease? also trying it again but running your finger over the plastic surround?

Don't think it's cracked, as it would bleed across the screen, and would be permenant.

Would either be the plastic surround pressure, LCD panel on the way out, inverter. Doubt it's magnetic as the speakers are just below, and they will have a magnet (all be it not a large one)

If you run your finger over the black blob, pressing lightly does the size increase or decrease? also trying it again but running your finger over the plastic surround?

it doesnt change in size or anything