Is This A Good Sibe Breeder?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were kind of interested in import lines from the beginning of our involvement in the breed. There were two reasons for this:

1. Even 16 years ago we were a little concerned about the direction in which the breed was being taken in the UK. It seemed to us that the obsession with short distance sprint racing was having a negative effect on the breed to the extent that dogs were being bred with less coat and longer legs - all in the cause of increased sprint racing speed - the very opposite of the actual purpose of the Siberian Husky (a long distance, endurance animal). So, when we chose our first dog, we found a breeder who had recently imported dogs from Canada with many early bloodlines in the pedigree (Yeso Pac, Igloo Pac etc). As time went on and we got more interested in breeding, in 1998 we had the opportunity of using the Spanish dog, World Champion Articblue's Chancellor at stud and our bloodlines have developed from there.

2. Amongst UK dogs up until fairly recently, there was very little diversity in pedigrees. If you went back 3 or 4 generations, the same dogs would turn up in almost every single pedigree. These UK foundation dogs were not poor quality dogs, far from it, but there was a level of inbreeding which again, we felt was not helpful to the breed. Over the past 10 years, especially since the development of "Pets Passports" a wide variety of dogs have been imported to the UK (of all types) and this can only be healthy for the breed.

A word of caution though. Importing is not the easiest of endeavours and can be stressful, expensive and heartbreaking. For a start, unless you have the money to be able to visit a foreign kennel and pick your own pup, the level of trust you are investing in your breeder is immense. Also, even in the best regulated of worlds things can go wrong. Our boy Gus, who came to us from Romania had a minute mistake on his paperwork from the breeder. As a result, he had to be quarantined for 4 months at a cost of some 3000 (and you can add to the the cost of us driving up to visit him every week while he was in chokey).

Mick

Thanks Mick > added to rep

I am only considering it after all, the trust thing is a big issue >>> The contract we both sign has to be bullet proof and they have to have great reccamendations from around the world, for example this Russian breeder has worked with kennels in Canada, America and is friends with a really good Russian breeder earlier metioned. I am really interested in the Russain lines!

Hi!

I am Vlada Kugurakova, Semargl Siberians - Russia, Kazan.

We have presented on the site of two kennels - Semargl and Reaching Sky, a well litters of our friends who don't have a web-site.

Personally, I only had first litter of my female Lily Angel - in September 2008 and second litter co-owned female Husky Haven Never Lose in April 2009.

We have plans for breeding and when confidence in them, then talk openly about it.

You can tell me about their concerns in person.

Sorry my bad English.

Hi!

I am Vlada Kugurakova, Semargl Siberians - Russia, Kazan.

We have presented on the site of two kennels - Semargl and Reaching Sky, a well litters of our friends who don't have a web-site.

Personally, I only had first litter of my female Lily Angel - in September 2008 and second litter co-owned female Husky Haven Never Lose in April 2009.

We have plans for breeding and when confidence in them, then talk openly about it.

You can tell me about their concerns in person.

Sorry my bad English.

Vlada, i have actually e-mailed

No concern, if you read through i didn't actually discuss any of the mating plans in which you mailed me, however i only put up your site which is free for the public to view anyway. I needed expertise opinions and i am affraid you couldn't help me with that, i needed an outside opinion if you know what i mean. I may also aware you that all of the breeders i have been interested i have mailed to another member on here and asked their opnion, as they are well travelled and knowledgable on the breed, i thought it wise. Im affraid i will quiz any potential breeder i decide to work with, as its a part of being responsable, i do hope your not offended or upset in anyway:)