Identify this breed

I shot this picture a long time ago at my internship. My mother is currently going through all books with dog breeds to figure out what kind of breed this is, and I don't know it either. Anyone have an idea what the breed of the dog on the left is? It's quite big, as you can see it compared to the husky next to it. Thank you in advanced, my mother would appreciate it, she is very restless right now :D

post-143-0-72845900-1360705832_thumb.jpg

post-2355-13585993271801_thumb.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I know we have only ONE Labradoodle in the pack and that is this one:

post-143-0-61739500-1360707382_thumb.jpg

After a quick Google search it looks like Labradoodles usually have longer fur, not as tightly curled as in my first picture. Compared to all the other dogs it really looks like a pure breed (since it looks all so 'perfect') but I'm not sure, it could be a mix.

edit: Whatever it is, it's driving my mom crazy right now, not knowing what it is :P

post-2355-13585993287296_thumb.jpg

@hjp75 @MaisieMoo Yeah, it has quite some similarities. The more I look at it the more I think it's a cross. Wonder which ones... Thanks for the replies, at least it will calm my mother down a bit knowing it's not really a certain breed :D I will only be able to get the final answer on Monday, as that's when I'm back there. Will post it here once I know it!

• 3 weeks later...

My vote would also be standard poodle.

There's huge variety in a labradoodle's coat, and especially a second generation back-crossed to a poodle could certainly get the full curly coat, but I think more likely it's a true poodle. I don't see airedale in it at all.

Oops, I forgot about this thread. I lied when I said I would have the answer the next day, I forgot I didn't had to go to there and the next week I was away on holiday, last Monday was the first time I was back there.

I asked it aaaaaand.... it's a labradoodle :P

It's a mix after all so I shouldn't be surprised it has quite some variations I guess.