Chewing

omg Blaze has started chewing but what can we do when me n mum are at wrk n every1 else is in bed (we wrk 6am-8am) i came home this mornin n Blaze had had some ov my college wrk (luckily i dnt need it - i think) and my folder (no wrk was in it thnk god) what are we supposed 2 do its mainly paper n cardboard he likes 2 chew (hes robbed mums book before, a newspaper & post - luckily junk mail) HELP! we dont have a stair gate 2 keep him out ov certain areas n he isnt crate trained either :banghead:

Did no-one tell you this would happen ?

Yeah there lovely dogs butter wouldn't melt then one day you come home to a wrecked house who's fault is it YOURS.

Not very constructive I know so crate him before he does any more damage or worst hurts himself.

I would suggest crating him, thats the best way to prevent future destructive behaviour when your not there.

Do you walk him before you go to work? I find by going for a quick run around the block with my 3 before leaving them prevents any destructive behaviour and leaving them with toys or something to keep the mind occupied.

How did he get the things he chewed? Can you put all your things in your room and close the door?

I would keep everything out of his reach, and make sure he has things that he can chew i.e. everlasting treat ball, kong toy, etc.

speakin of chewing... anyone got any opinions on kongs?

Mish has liked the kongs I've bought for him, they are especially useful as you can stuff them with food so the dog has to work to get it out..

I don't buy Micha kongs much anymore as his favourite toy of all time are any of the Cuz balls - not sure if you guys get them overseas :) But they are his all time fave!

• 4 months later...

crate training will help eliminate so many bad habits. i crate gtrained kodah for about a month also went to obediance school for crate training and generals commands....he now is always fenced into the kitchen at night so he doesnt get him self in trouble. he like the kitchen he knows its his area and is very content with it, he never pee's or poo's in there.when he does his buisness outside i let him hang out in the living room with me as a reward, he never pee's or poo's in thjere either. but i dont let him wonder in the home unsupervised because i know he will make mistakes and without me being there i cant correct him.......consistancy is the key, routine is key