Too much thin???

AleQua

Like others have said height and weight will help. She doesn't look terribly thin from the pics though and she is 9 months so still young and growing. I've read and heard young huskies can be quit thin while growing. My boy Kuma is a bit over 10 months and rather thin and lanky. He'll gain a bit of weight then go thin again then gain again. He is starting to fill out now but I expect him to go through one more thin stage before he stars filling out and staying filled out.

My Misty looks about like that and she's somewhere around three. << thunder, lightening and cool rain and three dogs right under foot!! >>

Her ribs are fine, meat / muscle but there; my only problem is that she has little meat on her backbone / rear hips but she's not complaining and eats whenever she wants so if she's underweight it's her own fault!

Some huskies have a thinner build. Mine looked "thin" for the first 4-5 years of his life. He had as much food as he wanted. He just was not a big eater. I even tried supplements to try to help him put on weight. The vet said he was fine and healthy, so I shouldn't worry about it. I think your Husky is probably just fine as well.

My blk/white husky has a thinner build similar to your husky. He's taller, leggy, thin and his coat is shorter than my other husky. My vet never mentioned him being too thin and I always have food out for him. He just eats when he wants to. Here's a link that shows the different body types huskies may have.

http://siberianhuskies.jimdo.com/types-of-huskies/

Kyra looks like she's built similar to Bella. My girl Bella is lean and tall(She's abou 2 1/2 years old). She doesn't eat a lot but she has definitely put on some muscle since I've had her and been able to exercise her quite a bit. I can't feel her ribs unless I put pressure on them so I haven't worried about her weight.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks all for the support and sorry for my absence but i was on holydays =D

Kyra doesn t eat so much, more or less, 150gr of croquettes a day...i give her one bowl of breed in the morning and one in the night, but usually, when she eat in the morning don t eat also in evening and vice versa.

Thanks also to Juno & Koji, i didn t know that there are different types of sib husky! So i think that Kyra is sprint-racing type.