How to move from facebook to google+

Marc

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok so im not that brilliant on these comp things .. but what is google+ is it a new social network like facebook ?? and do you have to be invited before you can join ??

it is the new alternative to Facebook it is still in its Beta stage, so it is not open to the public yet and you have to get an invite to join....

so how can it compete with the likes of facebook if its invite only. ??

at the moment they cant, but once they are ready, they are going to open it up so you dont need a invite.

Currently the people who are using Google+ are basically testers, giving feedback on bugs they find ect..... once they have all been sorted it will be opened up and you wont need an invite.

Am I the only one that hates google+??? In terms of it's cliqueness...

I think of it more as privacy than cliqueness .... For example there are things I would post on my facebook that I would not want collegues at work to see. On google+ I can do just that ..... There are messages I post on facebook that are only really aimed toward husky owners members, on google+ I can do that. There are things Sarah would not say on facebook because her mum may see it, on google+ she has the option to ensure she doesnt.

I think of it more as privacy than cliqueness .... For example there are things I would post on my facebook that I would not want collegues at work to see. On google+ I can do just that ..... There are messages I post on facebook that are only really aimed toward husky owners members, on google+ I can do that. There are things Sarah would not say on facebook because her mum may see it, on google+ she has the option to ensure she doesnt.

this is also the reason why i am a fan of G+ over Facebook.

yes, but we're adults....i can just see this being REALLY bad for highschool kids...

i really agree with you there, high school kids will have to deal with the anxiety of what circle their friends put them in.. ie best friends... normal friends....losers etc etc

Just say you have a fight with a friend you have to deal with being kicked out of a circle and worrying about whether the rest are talking about you.

Its sounds petty and immature but that is exactly what will happen and to a teenager it can be pretty destroying to self esteem having to deal with cliquiness 24/7 not just at school

These are exactly the reasons that it should be enforced for only adults to use them IMO. Dont get me wrong, Louise is on facebook however you cant really tell a teenager they cant use it when every one of their m8s do. Should be done in way to enforce it such as checking a bank account for proof of age (just first I though of) to ensure they are over 18.