Furminator

Sarah

• 2 weeks later...

My wife just ordered a dual head furminator. I think it's a fairly new product. One description of the product stated, "The FURminator Double-Edge Tool has two edges instead of one to quickly and easily remove the undercoat and loose hair without damaging the topcoat." We'll see. Once we get it and try it out, I'll post the results.

• 2 months later...

i just recieved ours i am so impressed with it

i brush micha with her standard brush down one side for about 5 minutes and got a small ammount off of her

then i used the furminator down the same side, and after 1 light brush stroke down the side and got 2x the amount of fur.

i cant recomend this enough.

this need to go in the must have pile.

i just recieved ours i am so impressed with it

i brush micha with her standard brush down one side for about 5 minutes and got a small ammount off of her

then i used the furminator down the same side, and after 1 light brush stroke down the side and got 2x the amount of fur.

i cant recomend this enough.

this need to go in the must have pile.

I agree. I've been using mine for about 3 weeks. I used to use a rake, which was pretty much useless compared to the Furminator. Her coat looks so much better than it would have without it. I love it.

We used it on Myshka when she was not blowing her coat, & seemed no different to the normal brush we used - BUT .......... we have used it on Diesel who is blowing for England (!) & it's abso-blooming-lutely fabulous!! I'm talking binbags of fur & he doesn't bat an eyelid, he just rolls onto his back & lets us get on with it! Amazing tool - definately a must-have!!

I just wish I could package and sell the hair for pillows or something like the ladies in India do that sell their hair. I could make a ton of money!

We use the Furminator too! The hair flies into the neighbours' yard. I'm sure they don't like that. I worry that it must clog up the bbq's and air conditioning units.

HAHA Aren't the birds supposed to pick up the hair and use it for their nests?? Maybe there's too much hair they don't know what to do with it:p.

I bought a small furminator for my cats and loved it so much that I ordered a large one for when Pongo is older from Amazon. It even works on my short-haired cat!! My sister was impressed so she had me order her one (she's got a husky/chow mix, golden retriever and beagle).

I made the mistake of trying to flush a large handful of hair down the toilet but it just floated around and around and stayed dry. I had to grab it out of the toilet with a bag and toss it in the garbage. Just imagine the damage it could do to your pipes if it did go down the sewage and got stuck.

I made the mistake of trying to flush a large handful of hair down the toilet but it just floated around and around and stayed dry. I had to grab it out of the toilet with a bag and toss it in the garbage. Just imagine the damage it could do to your pipes if it did go down the sewage and got stuck.

eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwww, think I will stick to bagging it up!

Typical woman DOHHHHH