Some of our babes doing what they do best!

Grindys

Fantastic videos! That last one (6-dog team) was a real eye opener thanks, added to rep.

I do have one quick question when you were training them Haw and Gee did you say the command on sharp corners as well as when you want them to change direction to go onto another "path" or do you find they will naturally follow the pathway/runway when they have no other options to go another way?

Fantastic videos! That last one (6-dog team) was a real eye opener thanks, added to rep.

I do have one quick question when you were training them Haw and Gee did you say the command on sharp corners as well as when you want them to change direction to go onto another "path" or do you find they will naturally follow the pathway/runway when they have no other options to go another way?

Hi

We have a kennel of 35 dogs at the moment and to be honest it's along time ago that we taught individual dogs as we tend to keep whole litters when we breed. All of ours just join the back of established teams and spend a couple of seasons in wheel or team position, thereby naturally hearing the commands being called and learning as they go. We won't put dogs up front that need to learn turns until they are a good 2 years old and starting to listen.

When we first started out we walked them all and every bend or turns we came to we called commands, my OH still calls commands on every turn whether it be defined or not so obvious. On trails that are twisty we will allow them to find their way, but defninite turns always get called as do straight ons. So I guess in answer to your query, no we don't usually call commands on bends/sharp corners if they are on a trail that has no other exits :D

Still think you gotta be a bit mad to do this lol think nowt of driving at 100+mph but to me this looks dangerous lol

The really dangerous bit is for the poor person trying to hold them down while you get ready to go. Terry and I have both had bashed noses, split lips and bruised chins on numerous occasions. Great fun though!

Mick