My walking belt arrived!!!

WooHoo!!!! It's finally arrived!!!! My Walking Belt which I have been anxiously waiting to arrive for a long time now. I ordered mine from Kisi Canine Accessories and it was a bit late due to the lady having problems with her machine and also some sad news about on of her dogs :cry:

As soon as it arrived I had to try it on and within minutes I was out taking Gizmo for a walk to try it out :D The walk was great and the elastic on the belt takes most of the jolts and pulls and with just Gizmo it felt like he wasnt on the lead, even though he was. The only jolts I felt with Gizmo was when we saw a small deer in the trees and he lunged forwards but that was it. Was amazing!

Whilst I was out with Gizmo I thought I have to test the strength of this when running. So I got Gizmo into a sprint and then I would stop dead in my tracks so the belt got full force of gizmo strength and I hardly budged! Excellant!

After taking Gizmo I decided to try it out with Marley and Bandit, who pull more than Gizmo, and put them both on a long lead each which usually is impossible with them together as its too difficult to control them both usually. It was brilliant again I hardly got any tugs and pulls on me and the elastic took almost all of the tugs - woohoo!!! That was the first time I have been able to take marley and bandit out on a long lead each and feel confident that I wont be pulled over!!! Yes I did fell some tugs and pulls but it was no where near as bad as what it would be if I hadnt had the walking belt!

I highly recommend people to get one and am going to get jamie to come out with me to get some good pics of the belt in action and also get him to buy one too! Its a product that is defiantely worth getting and was worth the long wait too. The bonus with buying from Kisi is according to their site they have huskies too and you can also choose your colour scheme for your belt to make it more personal! Mine is purple and navy blue.

If you dont yet have a walking belt it's defiantely a must have!

Excellent review amy, couldn't agree more, since having mine i've never looked back :D

added to rep

have offered the lady from Kisi of me writing a review and sending her some photos that she can put on her website too. The only change I would like to make to mine is get the husky-owners logo put onto it ;)

Ohh!!!! Now there's an idea!!!!

just had a brainwave, extending to what I said just now, I wonder if we could join together with Kisi and see if she would be able to make special husky-owners walking belts with our logo on them and if she wanted she could add hers onto it too

OMG have you been taking vitamins - 2 fantastic ideas in one thread!!!!!

added to rep again :D

lmao, I dropped my brain like jack sparrow does in the first few seconds of this clip:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hoqndaJ_y4[/ame]

I found it again and got a brain wave, lol but dropped it again now "Nobody Move!!!"

LOL! How much are the belts?? I am using the gentle leader but I dont think it will be helpful for much longer...lol! Chewie has decided that he will run away from me if he even thinks he sees the gentle leader. I cant say as I blame him but I always have my kids with me when I walk him so his strength can be alittle overwhelming...lol. Hes not a bad walker and doesnt really pull or lunge unless he sees birds...but i want walks to be a bit more comfortable for all of us. how sturdy is this belt??

Jamie wasnt wearing a walking belt he had the lead around his waist. That used to be how I would usually walk them if we were going far but it is very uncomfortable like that as the lead digs in!!!

LOL! How much are the belts?? I am using the gentle leader but I dont think it will be helpful for much longer...lol! Chewie has decided that he will run away from me if he even thinks he sees the gentle leader. I cant say as I blame him but I always have my kids with me when I walk him so his strength can be alittle overwhelming...lol. Hes not a bad walker and doesnt really pull or lunge unless he sees birds...but i want walks to be a bit more comfortable for all of us. how sturdy is this belt??

here is the link for where me, sarah, jules got our walking belts from: http://www.kisi.co.uk/walkingbelts.html

The price depends on what style and waist size you have and if you any extras on it.

The belt is brilliant and mine has proved to be very strong so far. Tomorrow I may give it a go with all 3 on to test it out, but probs start in the garden first.

I hear ya on that one....lol! chew is so tough that I was thinking he may separate me at the torso...lol. The belt looks cool but do you have trouble getting the dogs to not zig zag in front of you...? I usually am pushing a stroller since my 2 year old girl gets tired after about 25 minutes of walking.

Thats great Amy ,you will wonder how you ever did without one ,you have probably worked it out by now but if you wear it under your waist nearer your hips you have much more control;) I got my new 2 dog bungee leash yesterday will try it out at the weekend :D

I hear ya on that one....lol! chew is so tough that I was thinking he may separate me at the torso...lol. The belt looks cool but do you have trouble getting the dogs to not zig zag in front of you...? I usually am pushing a stroller since my 2 year old girl gets tired after about 25 minutes of walking.

Gizmo and Marley are very good and dont really zig zag Bandit does zig zag though :rolleyes:. As I have them all on a long lead though I dont end up tripping over them as they can go further in front of me now :)

Who paid the most you or Sarah lol

Oi, cheeky what are implying lol. As Sarah bought hers with Karabiner and I didnt as I have long leads which have a clip on either end, that would mean Sarah paid more for hers than I did.

Thats great Amy ,you will wonder how you ever did without one ,you have probably worked it out by now but if you wear it under your waist nearer your hips you have much more control;) I got my new 2 dog bungee leash yesterday will try it out at the weekend :D

Already found that one out :) When I used to walk them with just the lead around my waist I would put it more on my hips than around my waist because of the increased control. Good luck with the new leash, let us know what its like :)

Amy,

Glad to hear the Walking Belt arrived and you are getting on well with it !

We have a blue Canadog one and a black/red Culpeppers one,the first has the webbing straps fixed and the second has the bungees like your that move from side to side.

Both are a huge improvement over conventional leads in my experience and an absolute must with two dogs on your own.

One thing that Babs ( Mrs Culpepper) showed me was a neat way to prevent crossed leads when you stop and one of your Sibes decides to explore and wrap their lead round your legs...

If you have the double clip ended ladder leads ( like the Culpeppers ones) and they and the Walking Belt are in good condition,clip ONE lead clip to BOTH the Walking Belt's "D" rings,and attach the second ladder lead to the first lead's ring under the pivot.

This should mean that your Sibes can twist to their hearts content but you won't end up with a multiple twisted lead mess - it works well for us ;)

I'll take a picture and post it if it helps to show what I mean.

All the Best,

Kevin & Pack

Thanks kevin :) Good advise, added to rep. If you get a pic of what you mean that would be great :D Bandit tends to weave alot and I kept getting tied up today when we went out.

Here are some pics I took today when out with bandit and marley on long leads :D Why my phone will send one big pic and the other 2 are small I have no idea :confused: I think we are all off Sunday and Monday so may get Jamie to come out with me to get some better pics :)

[ATTACH]1822.IPB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1823.IPB[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1824.IPB[/ATTACH]

EDIT: Sorry the last 2 are the wrong way up

post-44-13585943080943_thumb.jpg

post-44-13585943081051_thumb.jpg

post-44-13585943081914_thumb.jpg