Your misheard song lyrics

what song lyrics have you sung for years believing they were correct only to find out years down the line, you have sung COMPLETELY the wrong thing all along??

When I was younger, I heard a Neil Diamond song "For Reverend Blue Jeans" which I thought was a strange combination but hey, it's music .... years later I found out it was "Forever in Blue Jeans"!! DOH!!!!

Another one that tickles me was watching a comedian, Jasper Carrott, many years ago who misheard Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody lyrics "Beelzebub has a devil put aside for me" as "Beelzebub has a devil for a sideboard"!!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol

My Dad many years ago starting to sing the bananarama song to me

Robert de Niro's waiting.......talkin Italian.......

his words were

Robert de Niro's waiting.......talkin to Tania......and he really did believe thats what they were singing,bless him :D

Fab thread Val,should get some laughs going

When I was younger, I heard a Neil Diamond song "For Reverend Blue Jeans" which I thought was a strange combination but hey, it's music .... years later I found out it was "Forever in Blue Jeans"!! DOH!!!!

Oh Val, say it ain't so! Up to this very moment, I have thought it was "For Reverend Blue Jeans".

I always thought the Madonna song La Isla Bonita started, "Last night I dreamt of some Dago" (possibly a rather racist reference to a holiday romance with a Spanish waiter) and a friend of mine swore it was about her having the munchies and went, "Last night I dreamt of some Bagels"

It was actually "Last night I dreamt of San Pedro!" :rolleyes:

Michael Jacksons 'Wanna be starting something'.

Somewhere near the end he starts singing 'I'm a vegetable, I'm a vegetable'

I just google it and found that someone else thought the lyrics are...

You're Stuck In The Middle (Yeah, Yeah)

And The Pain Is Thunder (Yeah, Yeah)

You're A Vegetable, You're A Vegetable

Still They Hate You, You're A Vegetable

You're Just A Buffet, You're A Vegetable

They Eat Off Of You, You're A Vegetable

:rofl::rofl:

I always thought the Madonna song La Isla Bonita started, "Last night I dreamt of some Dago" (possibly a rather racist reference to a holiday romance with a Spanish waiter) and a friend of mine swore it was about her having the munchies and went, "Last night I dreamt of some Bagels"

It was actually "Last night I dreamt of San Pedro!":rolleyes:

:rofl: why would madonna sing about dreaming of bagels? :rofl:

:rofl: why would madonna sing about dreaming of bagels? :rofl:

'Cos she has to diet so hard to maintain her skeletaur-like figure, that she dreams endlessly about food (possibly) and bagels are very much a New York thing.......................................

Personally I dream of hot rolls with butter and marmalade and a cup of strong coffee. :D

the song "complicated" by avril lavigne. Sumwhere on the middle of the song she sings "take off all your preppy clothes".

At those times when this song is popular, my english isn't all that good and I thought she says: "take off all your crappy clothes" :P

Another one: the song "love story" by Taylor Swift. The correct lyric is: "we keep quiet coz we're DEAD if they knew so close your eyes". What I sing is: "we keep quiet coz we're DEAF if they knew so close your eyes" :D hehehehee I think I'm the one who is deaf

I know my mother always told me that when she was a child she was singing along a very popular French song. She didn't know what the lyrics was about but it was catchy so she kept singing it. Later she figured it out that all the time she was singing about a guy wanting to have a woman to -you know- 'share stuff' :D

when I was very young in billy jean i thought it said "Billy jean in not my daughter" -_-

and more recently, lady gaga - Alljandor (or w/e its called) I thought it was "shes got both hands in a bucket" Instead of "she#s got both hands in her pockets"

• 2 weeks later...

Years ago when I was in Primary school (grade 5 i think) Hanson where Huge with their song mmm bop (you have to know this one lol). anyway we were sitting in the hallway area watching a movie or something and a prep class (bunch of 5 year olds) where also listening to this song in their class room and every now and then one or two of them would come out to wash their paint brushes or hands, and they would come out singing "doom bop". it was hilarious, nobody had the the heart to tell them it was the wrong words, it was just so cute with the seriousness of their faces singing that song!