Your misheard song lyrics

I used to think in Meat leafs Bat out of hell he sang

" Im gonna hit the highway like a battering ram, like Cilla Black fan on a bike"

But he actually sings

" Im gonna hit the highway like a battering ram, on silver black phantom bike"

But I am a huge Pearl Jam fan, but there are many confusions regarding lyrics to lots of their songs, mainly due to the singing style and tone of Eddie Vedders voice.

There is one song that causes a lot of confusion called Glorified, The song has serious undertones and the lyric is this: "Glorified version of a pellet gun"

However:

Confusion 1: "29 virgins on a pelican"

Confuson 2: "Four or five pigeons and a pelican"

Confusion 3: "Glorified virgin with a pelican"

Confusion 4: "You're a fine version of a pelican"

Confusion 5: "Blowing five virgins on a pelican"

I would advise listening to the tune online and see what you make it? Spotify?

Boondog

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We found out (i.e they were caught singing this) a few years ago my friend thought a certain Bon Jovi song went "Take my hand and we'll make it I swear ooooo

Livin' on a Chair!"

...My friends are special. I mean the name should have been enough to realise?!

axHn4s0G0Kg

(Scroll to 7:15)

In the background you'll hear a voice repeating something. Is there anyone who knows what he says because all I hear is "Breek een been", which translates to English as "Break a leg".

Seriously, I can't hear anything else any more and it's really bugging me. Can anyone PLEASE tell me what he really sings?? :eek:

• 10 months later...

Great thread!

My favorite was Beanie Mans "Dude" I was convince he was saying "If you want your cheese sticks, Call me" it's actually "If you want your g's fixed, call me"

I make up my lyrics half the time anyway, oh and don't get me started on Barenaked Ladies "One Week"

My personal favourite was by my 8 year old son. "let's hear it for the dog lips" I later found out to be "let's hear it for the trumpets". Strange thing is to this day I still think my son was right, sounds much more like dog lips than trumpets!