Virus probs

Any ideas??

It seems as tho virgin security has been wiped & replaced by an american scan thing who wants money.

I've tried replacing but it's preventing me from accessing the site and a warning pop up keeps appearing.

I have limited knowledge on this sort of thing so do I assume it's a new laptop or I try & take to a repair shop??

Thank goodness for iPhones!!! Lol

you dont need a new laptop lol

if it comes to it all you have to do is reformat your computer and it will be back to normal, but you will have to save all your files first as you will lose them if you reformat.

but for now, try running malwarebytes, if you dont have it download it from here - http://www.malwarebytes.org/

run the anti virus you have installed too, or download Avast or AVG free :)

hope you get it sorted :)

this happened to our pc,it seems 1 of the kids had been playing games on it and from then on we were inundated with pop-ups like yourself to buy this that, the other security,we had it all reformatted and the kids were told not to click on any games that appeared on sites such as f/b.

Grrrr it's blocking me downloading it

If it's the same one that i had, I ended up doing a complete format of my system. Have you tried going into Safe Mode and do a System Restore. It might work.........Ron

Backup guys we talking to a girly she don't understand what your saying and your not listening she can't get on line because of this hows she going to download ? lol

Claire can you use any other computer ?

If so use the downloads the guys above have given you and put then on a usb pen then plug that in your laptop run them from there that should sort out your problem :)

Another way of doing it is to download them on your mobile the plug that in to your laptop transfer to laptop and run. ( stay off line while you do this )

Good luck with it :)

Also see if it's in your programs and see if you can remove it there,

go to 'start' - 'control panel' ' 'add / remove programmes'

Wait for the list of programmes to appear, scroll down till you find it and click on 'add/Remove' button. 'are you sure' click yes.

If it's there and you are able to remove it that way, it may only remove it for the time you have the computer on, if you shut your PC down it will prob come back next time you switch on. So again if this has worked, download from th above suggested sites, I use SpyBot which I find works well and is easy to understand or CCleaner again easy to understand both located from a google search.

Try this first if OK it's the easiest way around it.

The easiest way to get to restore programme is to 'Start' - 'Search' and search for 'System restore'.

Failing all that, turn off your laptop, turn it back on and hold down the F10 button (it's the F10 on my laptop) it could be a different F button on yours so may need to do this several times to get to the right place. This should open a rebuild type programme. You should be able to do a full or partial rebuild (the partial would not destroy yuor files and photos, though it might rename them for you.

Good look,

Andy & Boone.

Let us know if you have any problems with the downloads and removing the virus as I'm sure there will be someone on the forum who can help you resolve it. If you were nearer I would've sorted it for you as I've had a few of these virus problems to sort recently for friends and family.

If you can't get on line it maybe because it's altered your connection details or set a Proxy when one isn't needed. There is generally a way to repair these viruses without having to resort to replacing the laptop.

Good luck

Well done, everyone. I was about to jump in if she was still having trouble.

Yep - you have to be wary of what you click on the internet. Always try to keep up with your virus and malware/spyware scanning.

A good malware/spyware scanning program (free!) is Lavasoft Adaware. It gets rid of tracking cookies and other spyware programs that can really slow down your computer.

You might also want to check your firewall - is it functioning and up-to-date?

It's really tough dealing with Trojans. I remember before I fled to Mac OSX, I always found Trojans impossible to deal with. They'd download spywares by themselves, then those spywares would download other viruses. It can be brutal.

another reason why people should use a linux based OS. im glad to hear your computer was fixed and just wanted to comment about your question concerning your iphone...as far a i know there really isnt any virus out there created for iphones. virus are OS specific and mobile devices use a different OS than computers, not only that but Iphone OS is based on unix i think. in conclusion, your phone won't get a virus. Also, you should download a good antivirus, spybot search and destroy, malwarebytes, and run then every so often to keep computer safe