• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 5 weeks later...

Right... what a race that was!!

Shame Hamilton went out and Vettel won but the race was pretty epic anyways, loads of overtaking etc. I think Brunno Senna did o.k too, i thought he only got a drive because of his name and the cash he brings with him!

Can't wait for the next one already, although i think this championship is Vettels.

Schumi had a pretty solid race for a change as well! The Renault situation could prove quite interesting as IMO Heidfeld has been quite decent, Senna showed a bit of promising in quaili and with Kubica eventually back in the frame I can't see how Petrov looks anything but a waste of a seat (Other then perhaps financially...)

Also still not 100% sold on DRS, When they get it right its good to balance things out but it often either seems to be completely ineffective or like this weekend generally seemed to just let the car sail right past...

Yeah, see I was on the wall with DRS.. but now i'm convinced that its a good thing, even if they sail right past.

The fact that they have to be within a second, which is when the aero of the car in front slows them down, then they have a boost... they would have already been catching them so they are quicker, so they deserve to overtake and get chasing the next car. I personally like DRS, it needs some small tweeks but i think it will be around for a while. The tweeks could be to reduce the amount the 'letterbox' opens giving them a slightly smaller advantage. But look at Hamilton before he got taken our... even with DRS open he couldn't pull away from the Sauber lol.

I do like the idea behind it as otherwise a much faster car and driver can obviously just lose out in turbulent air, and not that I have any better ideas! but I would like to see something a bit more universal across the whole track as it just seems a little like "The Overtaking Zone" and people waiting till the next lap to try again for a easy pass, rather then perhaps being a bit more adventurous elsewhere! Regardless of if its easy or not it has definitely livened things up though!

Yeah i definatly agree with that, maybe instead of having something that increases top speed on a straight they should make the downforce increase in corners whislt you are 1 second behind a car meaning all of the overtaking is done on the coreners

they should lose the "plank" and let the gain back the ground effect down force but at the same time make the wings smaller this in effect will give less turbulence and the ground effect down force will allow the cars to get closer and only lose a small amount of downforce enabling them to race closer, they should ditch "KERS" and "DRS", seeing as they are moving over to 1.6 V6 turbo engines in 2014 so variable boost will be available

I am gutted about this, as you said the BBC coverage has been awesome. Plus the fact that although i have sky, i don't have sky sports so now i'll have to upgrade my package just to be able to watch all of the races!! :mad:

No you wont ;)