Couple o' questions

Sqwidge

i'll start with the easiest.

Feeding

when do you typically reduce meals to 3? she's currently on 4 meals of 50g of Royal Canin Medium Breed.

Biting :(

she is really biting us, well mostly me...even if i'm not paying her attention, so say sitting there changing josh, or god knows just sitting there. she'll run up to me and bite me, i tell her no and push her away but she just attacks. We locked her in a different room 3 times tonight, and each time she ran out and jumped me again. We're trying to give her a toy each time, but more than half of the time she bites that for 10 seconds then comes back to bite us. I pin her to the ground she calms, then gets back up and bites...

HELP ME!

She has been ok with Josh, but every now and again, she will just randomly bite him...and that is really upseting mike and i. with josh its normally just a gentle bite, but if we don't stop her i think she would do what she does to us to him.

Going to bed now, so i will read replies tomorrow. Any help greatly received.

Most puppies go through a play-biting stage. It is rarely about aggression - almost always about play, but they do have to learn the limits. Our youngest baby girl Diva went through this stage for a week or so and we dealt with it either by tapping her smartly on the nose accompanied with a firm NO! (it doesn't have to be hard, just a quick shock and the verbal instruction), or (and this may sound weird) when she nips at your fingers, put them gently but firmly into her mouth so that she has to move away from your hand. We have found that if you repeat this a few times, she will stop nipping.

Mick

I agree with Mick - there is actually a gap in their bottom jaw just behind their two biggest teeth at the front. I've put my thumb across it and held down when they bit me, as soon as they back away I let go. You don't do it to hurt them, but teach them that they don't get anywhere by nipping.

I've done the same as Mick with Quinn.

Quinn was a singleton, so we were warned and advised on his biting becoming a problem. , We were told to scream out in pain -just as loud as they do and turn away and ignore him -this is what his litter-mates would do if he had any. He wants to play and does not want to be ignored, it worked. I've seen Mukki do this many times. Quinn will be tugging on his ear and then Mukki might yelp, growl and get on the bed and turn his back. When he was very young this worked best. Now, he's older a sharp NO! will often work.

He's also terrified of a rolled newspaper smacked on your open hand -he's never been hit with it but it will stop any behavior. I've made a few, wrapping the end with rubber bands to keep it

This works for me, but not Rich, I will tell him to sit and hold his face between my hands and say NO, it will calm him down fast. He takes a few frustrated breaths and eventually calms down and looks away. I am eye to eye with him and he calms down fast. I learned this from Tala, she will corner him and stare him down when she doesn't like what he is doing. I guess he sees me as a big bitch like her LOL

He rarely bites anymore only when supper excited but we never let it go unpunished -Poor Rich -Quinn would try to wake him by chomping on an exposed toes in bed!

she let me know what she was on...and how much, but as we are friends didn't really include much else, suppose i'll ask her...just thought could get a guideline from here!

No worries, I often refer people back to their breeders as they are the ones who are the experts! They know what suits their pups and what they have raised their dogs on most successfully. Our breeders should be a wealth of knowledge and should be there to support you with any question/worries you have.

Just thought I'd mention it as often people tend to forget their breeders with things like this! I'm sure you will get some very helpful advice here, but no-one knows your puppy (and her lines) better than the breeder.

friend got a pup the other day and he got a booklet tht had all the info he would every need regarding its first 2weeks thought this was a gd idea since i know some people dont like hassling breeders all the time for what they think is silly but actually is very important

i'll start with the easiest.

Feeding

when do you typically reduce meals to 3? she's currently on 4 meals of 50g of Royal Canin Medium Breed.

Biting :(

she is really biting us, well mostly me...even if i'm not paying her attention, so say sitting there changing josh, or god knows just sitting there. she'll run up to me and bite me, i tell her no and push her away but she just attacks. We locked her in a different room 3 times tonight, and each time she ran out and jumped me again. We're trying to give her a toy each time, but more than half of the time she bites that for 10 seconds then comes back to bite us. I pin her to the ground she calms, then gets back up and bites...

HELP ME!

She has been ok with Josh, but every now and again, she will just randomly bite him...and that is really upseting mike and i. with josh its normally just a gentle bite, but if we don't stop her i think she would do what she does to us to him.

Going to bed now, so i will read replies tomorrow. Any help greatly received.

we reduced to 3 meals at around 4 months and then down to 2 meals at 6 months.

Biting: sounds like she thinks its a game. Unfortunately all I can suggest (as I know you have tried everything else I would suggest) is to try and pass the bite over to a toy or chew, however I would probably seek some advice from your trainer as doing this may look as a reward to Eika for biting and so she will carry on. Either that or ask your trainer about the spray collars (which are normaly used to help stop excessive barking). WHich ever methos you use, I would advise that you seek advice form a trainer so they can advice you of the best method to use and how to use the tool correctly.