Alaska And Balto Are Sick!!! Any Help Plzz???

Well for the past 3 weeks balto has puked every other week >> it's a yellowish colour with grass in it, he always eats grass >> i just put this down to him being a greedy little .....:rolleyes: and for the past week Alaska has also eaten a lot if grass and threw up her treat i gave her, and last night i found she AND balto had been sick, the same yellow colour with grass strands in it >>>> yestaday they didn't eat a lot either, but apart from this they have eaten fine, stools nice and firm (their poo is kinda been in pellet form lol >> if thats normal, but it's been firm) they have been themselves:ran_smile:

sooo what should i do, i think baltz is fine but alaska seems a bit odd, fine stools but just like when we are sick she's just a bit moody, would it be wise not to feed them today? and if the puking continues should i go to the vets??? and is there any natural thing i can give them to settle their stomaches and make them feel better??

or do i feed them too much?

3 cups of dry food at 3pm and they only eat about 2 or 2 1/2

then it's :ran_smile:1 block of tripe with a handful of kibble and cereal, and after this it's either

4 chicken legs each

or

lamb neck and 2 chicken legs each >>> and i feed thgem this around 7pm

too much??

any help would be great!

grass will make then sick sometimes but shouldn't do all the time,

I think you're feeding too much, try feeding once in morning and once at night, maybe 2 cups of kibble in morning and 2 chicken legs at night.

For moment, i would starve them for 24 hours then feed boiled rice and chicken for next few days to settle stomach

Hi, I agree with Sarah....thats alot of food for a sibe! If you think there stools are too firm might be worth adding some veg into their diet too.......help evrything pass through their digestive system a little smoother! If cutting down on food, and adding veg doesnt help would be woth a quick check in with the vet to make sure they've not picked anything up!

I agree with Sarah and Lucy. The dogs are certainly telling you too much of a good thing! I also do the rice and boiled chicken after letting them go a day without. The only other thing I would do is a spoonful of plain yogurt -it has done wonders for mine -Mukki will only eat yogurt if his tummy is upset. The others love yogurt but only get it if I think think someone is sick. With 4 it's not often easy to figure out who has a sour stomach as the evidence is seen but who made it isn't always clear ;-/ -so they all get a spoonful -if I find evidence LOL

hey thanks a lot guys, i will starve them for 24 hrs, no food, no treats, but plenty of water, and the day after i will give them plain boiled rice and chicken with some natural yogart, and in future i will give them more veggies, as right now they havn't had any!!!!

and if after this (say about 3 days)they are still puking they may have a bug so i'll go to the vets!

Spring is here and nice fresh grass is coming up and my 2 sibes start to graze they love it .Sibes dont need a lot of food mine only have around 180grams a day split into 2 meals and if I feed chicken wings its instead of their kibble .Hope they are ok soon

sorry to hear about Balto and Alaska *hugs* from me, Gizmo, Marley and Bandit

I agree with Sarah and Lucy, its alot of food for a Sibe. Sibes are not big eaters really compared with other breeds that are similar in size.

Dogs will eat grass to settle their stomach (make them sick) but sometimes you need to make sure they are not eating other things around that could be bad for them.

I find feeding them Yakult helps them alot which is a natural yoghart if you was looking for one still. When Bandit was sick (few weeks ago) we found out that he had eaten something he shouldn't have done (well, actually someone fed him it :angry:) and that was what caused him to throw up so many times and a small bit of beef bone must have been lodged in his throat or stomach as when that came up he stopped throwing up.

Keep us updated, hope they are better soon

thanks guys, well they had zilch yesterday and it was really hard for us because they kept finding bits if treats in their crates and we had to take them away :S and only balto puked again, so today i fed them boiled rice and chicken breast with some diced carrots and runner beans, with 2 spoons of natural yogurt >> i'll do this for 3 days, i think alaska may have got her paws on a cooked bone and 3 days ago balto picked one up and i said drop it but only alaska listens to this command when it come to chicken bones ...hmmm... >>> people seem to find the pavement a better bin than an actual bin :|

so all seems well, i'll add a little more veggies to their meals from now on and feed a little less, so all is looking good x