127 Hours

Dunc

127 Hours is the true story of mountain climber Aron Ralston's remarkable adventure to save himself after a fallen boulder crashes on his arm and traps him in an isolated canyon in Utah. Over the next five days Ralston examines his life and survives the elements to finally discover he has the courage and the wherewithal to extricate himself by any means necessary, scale a 65 foot wall and hike over eight miles before he is finally rescued. Throughout his journey, Ralston recalls friends, lovers, family, and the two hikers he met before his accident. Will they be the last two people he ever had the chance to meet?

Just watched this and I give it 8.5/10

127 Hours is the true story of mountain climber Aron Ralston's remarkable adventure to save himself after a fallen boulder crashes on his arm and traps him in an isolated canyon in Utah. Over the next five days Ralston examines his life and survives the elements to finally discover he has the courage and the wherewithal to extricate himself by any means necessary, scale a 65 foot wall and hike over eight miles before he is finally rescued. Throughout his journey, Ralston recalls friends, lovers, family, and the two hikers he met before his accident. Will they be the last two people he ever had the chance to meet?

Just watched this and I give it 8.5/10

Are there lots of good climbing sequences in it?

I used be be heavily into rock climbing when I was younger - luckily I never had to cut off an arm - just a few stitches here and there from falls.

The trailer looks really good and Danny Boyle is a great director. Can't wait to see it!

Mick

Watched this last night and quite enjoyed it. Didnt actually expect it to be a good film and to be honest I found it a bit slow to begin with, but worth sticking with. Def worth a watch

I actually blogged about this!:

"I went to see this in the cinema tonight. I have wanted to see it for ages, ever since I saw the trailer.

Everyone I asked replied with: “Ew! NO! Do you know what happens in that?!â€Â

Or: “Na, sorry, I don’t think I could stomach itâ€Â

Anyway, I went with a few friends tonight after dinner at the Winebar and a pint.

I will admit, I was a little nervous at the idea of seeing it. So many people had told me it was great. Others said they felt sick at seeing it.

I didnt wanna be grossed out.

Then again…nothing grosses me out. Unless its Eyes…or Nails…

Then Im &^%$ed.

I got my green lime and apple slushy and snuggled down.

I Loved it.

Not because I am a sick *****, that is beside the point.

I always believe that a movie needs to consist of 4 Main factors:

- The actors (are they any good?)

- The story line (Has it been written well and will it still hold me by the end.)

- Visual importance (How well filmed was it? Was it beautiful or grungy? did it work?)

- Audio bliss (Did the music/lack of music suit the scene)

This movie was Visually stunning. Every smooth curve of those rocks were absolutely beautiful. I was choaked up just watching them.

Actor wise, James Franco was perfect. Just….perfect. He has a great looking arm.

The story line, although I already knew what was going to happen, could have fallen into a boring rut of a man stuck down a hole.

It didn’t.

Amazingly, I found myself completely entertained the whole way through.

Not only was how worried and scared he was true to the scene, but it was comical at times. Which would have been hard to do in this movie.

Audio bliss? Definatly. The choice of music was perfect, and also, the choice of not using any music during the most tense scenes was heartstopping. It made it so much more enjoyable.

Anyway. Enough of my view on it. Go watch it yourself, i’d like to see what you thought ;]"