Anyone with a yellow/blonde and white siberian?

Husky

Does anyone on here have a yellow/blonde and white siberian husky? I've only seen two in real life, they seem more rare than the red and white and are beautiful.

Other questions:

1. What is a good price for a siberian husky pup from a good breeder? I've decided on a breeder, but am curious.

2. I had my siberian puppy for 2 months and rehomed her. Is there anything different from a 2 month old husky and a husky that's 2 years and older? Is there a dramatic change in behavior once they reach adulthood?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a few members here that have white Huskies. If anyone tells you they are rare and charges more for a white Husky, I would look elsewhere. Prices are all over the board. I've seen Huskies priced for well over $1000 from pet stores with questionable pedigree and Huskies from reputable breeders with excellent pedigree for less than $800. You really have to do some independent research. Buying a Husky by price gives you no clear indication of quality.

Why did you rehome your Husky at 2 months? To some breeders, that could be a red flag. There are both good reasons and not so good reasons for rehoming such a young Husky. Not being judgmental, just pointing out an potential issue for you.

As far as behavior differences between 2 months and 2 years: Some Huskies settle down after a few years, but some it may be 5 or 6 years. They are a breed that requires extensive activity, interaction with a pack, and close supervision to prevent escape. Genetics and environment both play a big role in how a Husky develops. Do your research up front, and you'll be better prepared to handle any surprises that any Husky may throw at you.

Great post Dave

Our girl is akc and everything, she was only $300 and had all her shots including rabies and bordetella, but she was originally $500 but we brought her home when she was 22 weeks. It really depends. Our unpapered boy was $250

Wow! Not that costs are of a concern to me, but unpapered huskies go for $500-$800 in Canada, and KC registered purebreds are usually upwards of $950!

Does anyone on here have a yellow/blonde and white siberian husky? I've only seen two in real life, they seem more rare than the red and white and are beautiful.

Other questions:

1. What is a good price for a siberian husky pup from a good breeder? I've decided on a breeder, but am curious.

2. I had my siberian puppy for 2 months and rehomed her. Is there anything different from a 2 month old husky and a husky that's 2 years and older? Is there a dramatic change in behavior once they reach adulthood?

One of the boys from my girl's litter is a blonde, he's got black pigmentation which would class him as a sable colour, not a red. But his fur is a lovely yellow-orange with white. He's "Kyrian" in my signature.

The price for a Siberian puppy would range widely, and could vary according to region. When I lived in the Chicago area some years ago, the price was around $700 or $800 for a puppy from a reputable breeder (checked eyes and hips of parents for genetic problems, carefully socialized puppies, registered parents and litter, and usually showed or did sledding). I assume that it has gone up since then. Prices for puppies here in Iowa are generally much cheaper - and good homes are harder to find! There are quite a few "blondes" out there, but at least in the show lines the "fad" seems to change every couple of years - the "hot" dogs will be one color now, but a few years from now, another color will do most of the winning, and that affects, to some extent, what show breeders, anyway, are likely to have available.

The price for a Siberian puppy would range widely, and could vary according to region. When I lived in the Chicago area some years ago, the price was around $700 or $800 for a puppy from a reputable breeder (checked eyes and hips of parents for genetic problems, carefully socialized puppies, registered parents and litter, and usually showed or did sledding). I assume that it has gone up since then. Prices for puppies here in Iowa are generally much cheaper - and good homes are harder to find! There are quite a few "blondes" out there, but at least in the show lines the "fad" seems to change every couple of years - the "hot" dogs will be one color now, but a few years from now, another color will do most of the winning, and that affects, to some extent, what show breeders, anyway, are likely to have available.

That's pretty interesting to know that it varies according to region. +1 Gigi :)

Prices in general are higher in larger metro areas - veterinary costs and everything else, so people get used to paying more. In a rural area like I'm in, farmers are really tight! AND they tend to want a farm dog that will stick around and won't harass livestock, so it's pretty easy to talk them out of a Sibe!

In the larger towns around, people are willing to pay more for one of the hot "designer dogs", but I had a litter of 8 five and a half years ago, and ended up keeping 3 of them, because I couldn't find adequate homes for all of them - and I have been showing (not so much the last 6 years for various reasons) and breeding on a limited basis for more than 21 years! The litter Zeke and Ryn are from was only 4 puppies, and all were sold to really good homes by the time they were 3 weeks old, which was wonderful! smile.gif

Prices in general are higher in larger metro areas - veterinary costs and everything else, so people get used to paying more. In a rural area like I'm in, farmers are really tight! AND they tend to want a farm dog that will stick around and won't harass livestock, so it's pretty easy to talk them out of a Sibe!

In the larger towns around, people are willing to pay more for one of the hot "designer dogs", but I had a litter of 8 five and a half years ago, and ended up keeping 3 of them, because I couldn't find adequate homes for all of them - and I have been showing (not so much the last 6 years for various reasons) and breeding on a limited basis for more than 21 years! The litter Zeke and Ryn are from was only 4 puppies, and all were sold to really good homes by the time they were 3 weeks old, which was wonderful! smile.gif

That's really cool, I would love to start doing dog shows. I watch a lot of them on tv and youtube, and I'd like to get into it just to see what its like. My next Sibe (not for 5 years!) I want to be KC registered.

Other questions:

1.) its not about price its about quality, ethical breeding, breeding for temperament & health, breeders own ethics etc

a good ethical breeder only breeds when they want to increase their own pack and will never increase the price for a specific pup due to their coat or eye colour. a good breeder will discuss with you your life style and knowledge of the breed and only sell you a pup if they feel you are right for a husky. they should discuss your lifestyle and match a pup to you rather than you 'choose' - for example whether your a family intending to run your dog or you are looking for a 'pet' dog etc. a good breeder has a good judgement when the pups are young as to what type of lifestyle they will need.

for example, when i was looking i made it very clear to the breeder that i didnt want the most dominant and confident dog out of the litter, as i felt that would be a reciepe for disaster with my exsisting dog. as she knew the pups well she made a recommendation as to whcih is the better pup for me based on personality and not looks or coat colour

a good breeder will have a wait list so will only breed when they know they have good homes waiting. i know of a few breeders who even visit prospect homes themselves to check garden security and how the dog will be living etc.

2.) so why did you rehome your pup and now looking at getting an older dog????

3.) from expeerience - taking on a rehoming adult is rewarding and challenging and far harder than a puppy. in many cases you are inheriting other peoples errors, poor training etc

storm is a welfare dog - he was VERY boistrous, extremely food aggressive (still is but hugely improved), he was over fed and over weight which only made his behaviour worse, he was unable to control his behaviour when excited.....quite a few major issues. all of which i have had to work on. whilst i have improved his food aggression, i have accepted this will always be with him and i have a life long commitment to that.

I have also fostered a number of adult dogs and all of them came with issues of some sort. yes i worked with them and they left me a better behaved dog but you in many ways you need to be more committed than getting a puppy who is much easier to mould/train etc.

Each and every dog i have fostered have all had to be toilet trained so please dont assume that makes your life easier either.

Wow! Not that costs are of a concern to me, but unpapered huskies go for $500-$800 in Canada, and KC registered purebreds are usually upwards of $950!

puppies are reletively cheap in this area, the most i've seen them go for was $850 and that was a woman who shows her dogs. Embry being unpapered, was orginially $350 but was marked down because he was 10 weeks.

the lady we were going to get Karma from charges between 1200-3000 depending on eye color and fur color, which is just crazy

Other questions:

1. - Depends what you mean by yellow/blonde. It sounds like it could be what we call light red and here in the UK they are as common as any other colour. We've got several in our pack:

Posers2.jpg

Or do you mean white? In the UK, very few ethical breeders seem to produce white pups, but they are very popular with the puppy farmers and "pet" breeders and are often advertised on the internet puppy sales websites as "rare white blue-eyed huskies" despite being pretty common.

2. Most good, ethical breeders will be charging around the same price for their puppies. Here in the UK, a KC registered puppy from good championship lines, from health-tested parents will cost between £650 and £750. Puppy farmers will charge anything from £150 to £1000 depending on how desperate they are and how gullible they think you are.

3. - Huskies tend to act like puppies most of their lives. They tend to calm down a bit after age 5 or so (although not much) and their prey drive definitely tends to kick in between 9 months and two years when your nice obedient pup suddenly turns into the teenager from hell!!

Mick

regarding the colour question I was thinking the same as Mick, that you mean a light red to be blonde as as far as I am awear there is no such colour in the husky gene pool but maybe this website will be of use to you Husky Colors .

As for any colour being rarer and worth more thats something a pupy farmer would tell you to get you to part with cash and it simply not true.. especially seeing as how a huskies colour and markings will change dramatically over time. For instance my girl started out the same colour as Kyrian from Taylors litter, but with brown pigement and is now a much darker red but still has the cream running through her coat so is still refered to as a light red.

Price of a pup as has been said varies from place to place, particularly in the States so your best off just finding a good ethical breeder and letting that be your guide.

As for the question on age and behaviour unless I missunderstood what you wrote your pup was massivly under age as you should only just be picking up your pup when its 2months old not selling it on already so I can only assume you got it from a puppy farmer so yes you will see ALOT of difference between a well bred pups behaviour and one that has been bred by a puppy farmer and left its mum and siblings too early as the puppy farmer isnt breeding for temprament and the pup has been denied a very important developmental stage.

As for calming down as they get older.. their are certain elements of behaviour that change but I wouldnt say they calm down really, their huskies its bred into them to be high energy, fun loving dogs!

my boy was £550 not sure how much that is where you are

we rehomed skyla

my two still act like puppies - 1 is 1 yr and the other is 2 yrs old

ETA: do you mind me asking why you rehomed your puppy after only two weeks? maybe you would be better off rehoming an older siberian - maybe 1 thats around 5yr + where - as mick says they tend to calm down abit

Okay, there's a misunderstanding or an error on my part.

The husky in my intro thread was 15 weeks old when I got her. I had her for 2 months before rehoming.

Now, the reason why I rehomed her was because well first of all, I made a bad decision. I wanted an outside dog, got her, realized what having an inside dog would be like,

and wanted to bring her inside with me. However, my parents wouldn't let me bring her inside the home. If I were to keep her, it'd be outside. I wanted her inside and so I rehomed her

for $50 to a good family that brought her inside.

Now, no, I'm not looking to adopt an older husky. I asked that question because certain dog people said, "You shouldn't get a husky because you only had your husky when she was a puppy. You don't know what a adult husky is like." That's why I was asking you guys what an older husky is like.

Whew, anymore questions?

Also, just to be clear, I'll be going through all the life stages with my next siberian. Puppyhood, adulthood, cranky seniorhood.

I think my boy Sampson might be close to what you are thinking of as blonde and white. When he was younger he was quite a bright white, as he has aged he is taking on a more yellow/blonde tinge where you would normally expect there to be colour. Not sure if any of my pictures on here show it properly though.

No replies?

Other questions:

I would have considered my Stormy girl a blonde, but she was also a mix. My rehomed boys were both $200....donation to the rescue, basically to provide needed shots, etc. and other medical care. Why do you want another husky i fyou were unable to raise a puppy? Kind of like kids...you go through toddlerhood to get to the teens...there's something difficult in every stage.

I would have considered my Stormy girl a blonde, but she was also a mix. My rehomed boys were both $200....donation to the rescue, basically to provide needed shots, etc. and other medical care. Why do you want another husky i fyou were unable to raise a puppy? Kind of like kids...you go through toddlerhood to get to the teens...there's something difficult in every stage.

No, I didn't rehome her because I couldn't raise her! Did you not just read my latest post?

No need to get upset. If it's not understood, you might want to try to explain it differently. Sounds like you had a husky for 2 months and rehomed her. Do you mean that you got a puppy that was 2 months old that came from another home? Nobody here wants to attack you, especially me. LIke I said, it sounds like you had a puppy and didn't keep it.

No need to get upset. If it's not understood, you might want to try to explain it differently. Sounds like you had a husky for 2 months and rehomed her. Do you mean that you got a puppy that was 2 months old that came from another home? Nobody here wants to attack you, especially me. LIke I said, it sounds like you had a puppy and didn't keep it.

I didn't keep the puppy, but not because I couldn't or didn't want to. My parents said I could have kept her outside, but found it better that she live with a family inside. This time, I'll have my own place.