beyond frusturated

melmel

PLEASE HELP! SUGESTIONS MORE THAN WELCOME!

MY male that is almost 9 months and fixed has severe issues! He knows better than to pee in the house. I am sure of this because he is taken out more than frequently. TONIGHT my dog literally got on the couch looked me in the eyes and PEED like it was his job! I seriously wanted to shoot him. I couldnt believe my eyes! I have no idea what to do to stop this behavior. I was reading things suggesting speaking softly and blah blah blah YA OK im supposed to whisper sweet nothings in his ears?!?!? After acting like this?!?!?! This isnt the first instance PLEASE HELP! He also loves to destroy things that arent his. Anything he looks at he destroys. My couch cushion, my stairs, legs of my tables, my wood trim, my sons toys, clothes YOU NAME IT. He is crated when we arent home because he cant be trusted.

PLEASE HELP! SUGESTIONS MORE THAN WELCOME!

MY male that is almost 9 months and fixed has severe issues! He knows better than to pee in the house. I am sure of this because he is taken out more than frequently. TONIGHT my dog literally got on the couch looked me in the eyes and PEED like it was his job! I seriously wanted to shoot him. I couldnt believe my eyes! I have no idea what to do to stop this behavior. I was reading things suggesting speaking softly and blah blah blah YA OK im supposed to whisper sweet nothings in his ears?!?!? After acting like this?!?!?! This isnt the first instance PLEASE HELP! He also loves to destroy things that arent his. Anything he looks at he destroys. My couch cushion, my stairs, legs of my tables, my wood trim, my sons toys, clothes YOU NAME IT. He is crated when we arent home because he cant be trusted.

i cant help much. but someoe else will be able to help you more properly.

when he starts to pee inside, you should take him out straight away to finish weeing outside. and praise him for it outside.

where ever he is peeing inside needs to be cleaned throroughly so it does not have any scent of urine left in it, otherwise he could think its ok to pee inside.

my pup i have now did the same thing, looked at me in the eye and peed on the couch. i just stayed calm. took her out. and made sure the couch cuchion was given the best wash in its life.

she never did it again.

As far as the toys go. huskies chew. normal.

but if hes out of control. maybe some training with him to 'drop' or 'leave it' is needed? and does he have lots of toys and things to chew of his own? and exercised regularly?

he sounds board do you walk him frequently? or some other form of excersise? He may also be challangeing you, When you say you take him out frequently are you there makeing sure he's doing his buisness? sometimes it works to go back to the basics so too speak do some re training, make sure he knows what you expect of him, I know its fustrating but keep the training consistant go out side with him and make sure hes doing his buisness, mabey he needs more excersise time, A tierd dog is a good dog

I am not sure about the peeing part. I had a Rottie/Shepard mix a few years ago that was fixed and house broken. When we moved from a house with big yard to a small town house with no yard he would not pee at all, no matter how long we stayed outside walking around. As soon as we got in the house he would stand in the middle of the living room and pee while looking me straight in the eye.

Does he pee outside at all? I am probably not much help here but maybe someone else can give you some advice as far as the peeing issue.

As far as him chewing on everything I would try to take the things from him and hand him a chew toy, rawhide, or a Kong, or whatever you have available. Don't chase him though. Just kind of sneak up on him and try to take it or otherwise he will play his favorite game with you (chase me!! :lol: :lol: ) If he chew's on furniture tell him NO and hand him a chew toy and if he takes it praise him.

When I see Zihna chewing on one of her things I always praise her or throw her a couple of treats. Its the funniest thing when she is laying there chewing on something and I throw treats and she looks up to the ceiling like: Where did that come from?? Is it raining treats??? LOL.

She has never chewed on any furniture and she is not taking anything anymore that is not hers. Sometimes you have to give them some motivation to take their own things and to make the right choices. Maybe try putting a little bit of peanut butter on the toy you handing him. If you make his things more interesting he will be able to make the right choices soon. :)

But keep in mind that Husky's love to shred things when they get bored and they get bored very easy, so I would keep him crated when he is alone. Maybe later on when he gets the idea whats to chew and what not you can try leaving him outside the crate for short period of times to see how he does.

At 9 months old they're going through a phase and are going to be the biggest pains there ever were. Crating when you're away is going to be necessary for some time. Perhaps he needs some more exercise into his routine? Mine are able to be left uncrated and they're very good in the house while i'm away thanks to the exercise they know they get/will get everyday.

As for the urinating. Is he lifting? Or just peeing? Sniffing before he pees? Or just peeing? It's an absolutely frustrating thing I know. Belly bands have worked in the past for us with the marking. They wrap around the midsection of the dog so they can't pee unless they want to pee on themselves which they quickly realize is not pleasant. In the past i've been able to break a dog from this with about 2-3 weeks straight of vigilant treating for peeing outside and putting the belly band on when they're inside and loose and crating when we aren't home.

Your husky thinks he is aloha and sorry to say you don't sound like your stopping him think he is....................

Why are you letting him on the couch up the stairs and the like ? I know alot do this but IMO its not right and the sooner they learn boundaries the sooner you become alpha and not your pup.

How long have you owned him ?

As he always done this ?

As there been and change in his routine ?

Is he crated at night ?

DON'T use the crate as punishment as they don't understand but if like mine they are in it all night when i get up the 1st thing I do is take then out that way they are used to associating out of crate with going out I do the same if anyone comes that don't like dogs and when cleaning house so you can say mine will be going in there crates as many as 6 times in 24 hours and everytime we let them outta there crates they go out.

Your husky thinks he is aloha and sorry to say you don't sound like your stopping him think he is....................

Why are you letting him on the couch up the stairs and the like ? I know alot do this but IMO its not right and the sooner they learn boundaries the sooner you become alpha and not your pup.

How long have you owned him ?

As he always done this ?

As there been and change in his routine ?

Is he crated at night ?

DON'T use the crate as punishment as they don't understand but if like mine they are in it all night when i get up the 1st thing I do is take then out that way they are used to associating out of crate with going out I do the same if anyone comes that don't like dogs and when cleaning house so you can say mine will be going in there crates as many as 6 times in 24 hours and everytime we let them outta there crates they go out.

I saw that on TV before where a dog peed the bed and was marking his owners girlfriend. I definitely agree with the crate. I do that with Zihna too. If I can't watch her or need to get something done she is in the crate and she is always well exercised before she goes in there and usually ends up taking a nap. And when she comes out 1st thing is go potty....the last time she weed in the house was about mid September and she was about 3 1/2 month old and she peed by the door cuz I was not quick enough to open it....lol.

I stopped mine from getting on the couch too and it was the hardest thing I had to do cause I really loved to cuddle with them having them on the couch with me. But like you said there need to be boundaries so they know who the Boss is. :lol: :lol:

All good advise! Consistency is a major key, and was stated, a tired husky is a much happier husky! They need exercise - both for the body and for the mind. Having a husky is like having a 2 year old child around - especially when they are puppies or adolescents! If you stick with it and put in the time and energy to show your dog what you want him to do and then enforce it (and making sure that he does get enough physical and mental exercise), eventually, you'll have a companion like no other! smile.gif

Obedience classes can be a great resource - both for getting his attention and tiring him out, plus you can get help for specific problems from someone who can observe you and him as you interact. That's very helpful when trying to fix problems! Good luck - I know how frustrating it can be when they do things like that! blink.gif

Anyone have a good online guide I can read..so I can go over step by step and have someone else read so they know what they are observing? Brenin passed Obience school fine, when he wanted to learn he was quick...but he seemed to get bored. Also have been told he seems like a very playful but dominant dog. The only thing I have really stopped doing with Brenin is the Crate training. When I need to leave him he has a dog run I put him in. He seems happier. He used to sleep next to me in a wire kennel with a bit of area fenced off but he pooped and pee'd (newspaper trained..bad idea) he never pee'd or pooped in just the kennel 7 -8 hours once he was in and never went. But he howls and bites the cage...outside he howls breifly and when no one come sleeps soundly all night. I would love him to come indoors with me but he cannot sleep the night through in the crate. Roaming free just leads to chewed up everything :)

He is pretty good over all though. He just seems to have certain aspects he does less well on...

this dog defo sounds bored and is testing his boundaries. I cant help with the peeing thing, but you defo need to get some more stimulation in his life for him - vary walks, swimming, obediance, agility etc...vary, vary. vary - huskys get bored quickly.

Use a a kong, raw hide etc for his chewing. Everytime he gets something which he shouldnt say 'no' and offer him something appropriate.

the same as everyone elses comments, you need to be consistant.

How long is he left for each day?

How much exercise does he get?

what do you feed him & how much - is he being fed cheap crap food with additives sending him crazy? Is the amount too much again giving him more energy?

And remember a tired husky is a happy husky, if he isnt tired...he will occupy himself!

this dog defo sounds bored and is testing his boundaries. I cant help with the peeing thing, but you defo need to get some more stimulation in his life for him - vary walks, swimming, obediance, agility etc...vary, vary. vary - huskys get bored quickly.

Use a a kong, raw hide etc for his chewing. Everytime he gets something which he shouldnt say 'no' and offer him something appropriate.

the same as everyone elses comments, you need to be consistant.

How long is he left for each day?

How much exercise does he get?

what do you feed him & how much - is he being fed cheap crap food with additives sending him crazy? Is the amount too much again giving him more energy?

And remember a tired husky is a happy husky, if he isnt tired...he will occupy himself!

Why does he sound Bored? Because he poops and pee's? In his crate that was only when he was sleeping. He is only left in crate at night when he sleeps. Now he goes in his dog run. Unless I am at work, he is only in dog run for 3 hours max while I have classes. At night he sleeps in dog run, i am sure he is sleeping because i have a webcam thats recording (I was worried he was getting bored). I walk him for an hour when I get home and another hour in the night before work. Then i sleep for 5 hours while he runs around the yard...plays with toys, plays in his pool..now in the snow. and then i usually get 2 or so 20 minute play times before work. and weekends we play off an on all day in between walks and the rest of what i have to do. He is very fit according to our vet.

Here is a copy/past of my food post.

Brenin had ground Venison (raw) so little bits of bone and such ground up into venison burgers, plus a Bison rib bone to chew on (some meat on it).

http://www.springmea...ralpetfood.com/

need to gets some raw beef and some alpaca...what did your dog eat today...Alpaca!.. :)

Tomorrow he gewts some venison tripe or lamb tripe...not sure with a bit of kibble...trying to get away from kibble but i have three bags of different stuff. Brenin is one picky eater, but loves RAW meat :)

The Kibble I have is Orijen Regional red (small bag, was used to 'spice it up' a bit, Fromm's surf and turf and Eagle power pack..which seems to be popular with the trainers and sled teams up north

incidentally, he ran around after obience school for 3 hours...every other dog got tired but him. I have a friend who runs long distance for compettions, she took him for an 6 mile run the otherday...he came home and tore around the yard. Actually tiring him out to the point of taking a nap...seems...impossible. In fact I have people tell me he walks too much..that he is still young and needs to do more playing when he can stop when he wants. This is straight from several Husky Breeders/Dog sled people from Inuvik and from Yellowknife. I talked to one who was in calgary giving a talk recently. He said And this is almost a direct quote " It takes time to develop a husky so he can run, even if they are bred for it..which is why he and the original people people...sorry forget the spelling..had to "train" their dogs...not all were capable of the same amount of running, and also not all dogs had the same stamina. So a blanket he is not getting enough or too much...(insert here) odd.

He also warned me about taking Brenin on long runs as I let him do with my long distance runner friend...he said they need to gradually work up to that.

We eventually will work towards off-lead stuff. But at the moment I do not trust that he will be safe doing so, unless of course he is in a fenced off area. A friend of a family member has a wolf dog and they will have play dates in a 2 acre fenced off area so he can run all he wants :) He also plays with a huge Malamute shepard dog quite often who leaves near to us.

As to the Kong he will not touch them...tried it

As to the giving him something to draw his attention away....does not work

At first I was very consistent...when I think back now I realize as per my sister and her husband (I asked) that When I tried igboring when he bit it was't working after a month so as they say "you felt bad about neglecting your pup and started letting him get away with things because you couldn't ignore him anymore"

I'm pretty sure aside from the person who can spend every waking minute running their dog....or has a huge fenced in acreage or something like that he is getting good workouts...he is too young for a harness or skijoring or we'd try that. I was told a year at least by ever dog sled person i have talked to.

I'm pretty sure dogs, like people have personalities...i'm sort of betting he is stubborn as opposed to bored, but that i may encourage his stubbornness by giving in? For instance I have been told by many people so far that huskies can be picky eaters, Brening takes this to the max - he actually barks at his food swats it with a paw and up-ends his bowl when the food is not something he likes. He goes on spurts where we needed to chage his food because he simply wouldn't eat that brand anymore. So we are now transitioning to the raw diet i mention above...the recomendations by the people who make it are 2-2.5 percent of his body weight...so like 1.3 or - 1.5 punds of raw stuff...be it venison, elk etc... a day. he vet said his weight is ideal, just where you want a dog...not to skinny not too fat...but lean and healthy. I do rely on the vet, with my own looking into things as well.

The odd day if life interferes he gets less attention, for instance exam days or intense paper writing days...but they are few and far between...we walk even though he is a horrible walker...we sort of have to trot...i can run because of my asthma, but i also cannot keep up to him when he runs...but trotting keeps him behaved on the leash...walking he pulls. I am trying to find a harness i can use for walking that he will like and not try to get off...but he seems to be in an 'in-between' size for fitting them...medium to small large too big. I found one recomended by the rcmp k9 division (lives three houses down) but i had to order it..so we'll have to see.

Hope this is enough info for some help :) I'm a new husky owner...so i'm sure i'm bound to make some mistakes...but I love him and will work on any problems....I promised him that when I bought him.

i was refering to the origional post and not yours!

Ron & Brenin - just out of interest do you know the lineage of your dog...he sounds as though he may well be from a specific american working line??

Yes I can trace his lineage...he is all registered up and I have all the history from the breeder. What should I be checking for? I can goo back quite far...either through papers or the online registry.

He has a registered name but I don't use it very much...all the other dogs stick their nose in the air when mr fancy pants struts by :)

Why does he sound Bored? Because he poops and pee's?

You'd be suprised. Though in my opinion it sounds more to me like he's trying to dominate you.

In his crate that was only when he was sleeping. He is only left in crate at night when he sleeps. Now he goes in his dog run. Unless I am at work, he is only in dog run for 3 hours max while I have classes. At night he sleeps in dog run, i am sure he is sleeping because i have a webcam thats recording (I was worried he was getting bored).

How often are you at work? Have you recorded him during the day and seen what he gets up to whilst you're away?

Huskies chew; and I know that's not cool, but thats one of the harsh realities with huskies, that's why so many are crated, because it's the best way to keep your property safe and your dog safe. The majority of huskies that don't chew, don't do it because they just get that much exercise, they are too exhausted to.

I think you need to re-inforce your dominance as the leader of the pack; this doesn't mean being aggressive towards your dog or looking down on them, but more simple differences like:

• You ALWAYS go through the door before your dog does.
  • You ALWAYS eat before your dog eats.
  • Your dog NEVER gets leftovers; it's your dinners, not theirs, and your dinner probably has too much protein in it for a husky anyway.
  • Give Affection when you want to give it; not when they ask for it. If they're sleeping and you want a husky hug, wake them up and give them a hug, even if it's just a quick hug and then you ignore them, it just says that you are interacting with them, when you want to, meaning you are in charge.
  • Only say a command once; if your dog doesn't sit the first time you say it, show them what you want them to do, and then reward them.
  • Enfore that your dog must sit down or lie down before they are allowed their dinner. To start this off, feed them on a lead and put the food on the floor, don't allow the lead to go loose or for them to have a bite until you tell them they can have it. Eventually your dog will get into the routine and you wont require the lead. My girl always has to lie down and wait whilst I give my girlfriend a cuddle before she is allowed to have her dinner. When I'm ready, I say "Ok" and she takes her dinner. Also, whilst they're waiting, safely try to handle their food to show that it's yours and your giving an offering.
  • Be confident in that you are the leader of the home; but remember that leaders are respected for looking after their pack. Groom your dog and show them affection when you are prepared to (but enough to look after them).

I hope this helps. Hopefully if the peeing is behavioural and you establish yourself as the leader, he will soon think, actually, thats a bad idea, because it will upset the alpha.

The most important one in my experience is the feeding.

My girlfriend always gets a cuddle and a kiss before I allow my dog to go near her dinner. You know when you're in charge when you can cuddle and kiss your partner right infront of your dog, and they still wont get up to touch their dinner till you say so.

All of this will take a while to enforce, but I think these kind of things may help you.

I wish you all the best and keep us updated!

Stacey xxx

like most people have said...take him outside when he pees...

go to the pet store and get some odour removing spray and coat everything in it.

he sounds like he is being a little blighter and my girl daughtry was at 9 months...she was challenging us but she lost

when we go out my dogs arent crated but are left with toys and stuff to keep them entertained....kongs dont work with mine so i fill coca cola bottles with treats and they knock that about also bouncy balls and tennis balls that squeak..

i make sure i give each of my dogs attention and play time so they are not ignored and do not need to get my attention by peeing

also i go for long walks before i go to work so they have a chance to eliminate before being left alone.

crating is good but only as long as its not used for punishment

i have three dogs so none of them are allowed to chew or pee in the house

Maybe try some mental training as well as your physical stuff. Wearing him out on long walks maybe hard work as he sounds very fit but with every dog mental training will work. Get him doing ever more complex tricks, basic ones like sit and paw are easy, get him finding specific things, teach him the names of different objects and get him to pick them out of a box. Get him to find specific toys you have hidden both inside and outside, this will get him really thiking and using his senses will mean he will get tired!

If the whole dominance thing works for you then try it, another option is just to have simple respect for one another, going out of a door before your dog does nothing IMO my dogs and my pup respect me enough to sit at the door patiently waiting for me to open it.

Teaching them simple manners for me has been far easier and worked a lot better, the key is to be consistant with it.

another reason - tho i agree with what every1 else has said - is a possibilty of an in season bitch in the area? this will make them mark more in the hope that she will seek them out

This is interesting, as we live with a walkway behind us...everybody comes and says hi :) or maybe :(

He is still intact as well, as a breeder was looking at him. I get a free puppy of Brenins if they decide to breed him. So cool :)

But if he doesn't he will ne neutered at the end of december. I have also read enough studies now that suggest beyond more than possibility that neuturing a dog early hampers development because of hormones not being produced.

you do no that they cant be bred until they are 2 yrs old dont you? , jennet on here had her boy neutered at 5months and it hasnt hampered his development at all , we didnt get our boy done until about a month ago (he is 2) but that was our choice wish we had got him done earlier tho

Maybe try some mental training as well as your physical stuff. Wearing him out on long walks maybe hard work as he sounds very fit but with every dog mental training will work. Get him doing ever more complex tricks, basic ones like sit and paw are easy, get him finding specific things, teach him the names of different objects and get him to pick them out of a box. Get him to find specific toys you have hidden both inside and outside, this will get him really thiking and using his senses will mean he will get tired!

If the whole dominance thing works for you then try it, another option is just to have simple respect for one another, going out of a door before your dog does nothing IMO my dogs and my pup respect me enough to sit at the door patiently waiting for me to open it.

Teaching them simple manners for me has been far easier and worked a lot better, the key is to be consistant with it.

I'm not really much of a dominance kind of person. If you like to read I suggest The Philosooher and the wolf as the author articulates his position to his Brenin better than I can to mine. I want my pup trained so as he can best manouver through the human world without getting himself in trouble. But say for instance we are out walking and we meet someone and stop to chat, If Brenin doesn't ewant to sit...so be it. As long as he is behaving. Which he usually does. Again, he lays down and waits for his food. He waits at doors etc. He does pull a lot when he walks if we don't do it a certain way. But I come into some information...i am going to be buying a little pack for him with some weights and am waiting for a harness that I ordered to show up. Wehn he is older we will go skijoring and bikejoring (real word? i don't know)

Honestly the peeing is a relativly new thing....I compare it to that person who finds something they love then becomes obssed with it. He just seems to not be able to stop doing it....he pulls towards poles/trees anything asticking up in the ground like crazy till he marks it. I've read that along with his growing desire to mount can be both a dominance problem and something they grow out of. I will admit he is a headstrong Lad I think thats is the blood in him...it is rather strong with his lineage. So we are going to try everything and see what works. I will try and get some videos maybe to illustrate things.

But for instance when we were coming back across canada when he was little we stopped in a hotel a couple times. He was so small he couldn't really jump up on the bed....he tried for an hour and a half before quitting...he is very stubborn. :)

You'd be suprised. Though in my opinion it sounds more to me like he's trying to dominate you.

How often are you at work? Have you recorded him during the day and seen what he gets up to whilst you're away?

Huskies chew; and I know that's not cool, but thats one of the harsh realities with huskies, that's why so many are crated, because it's the best way to keep your property safe and your dog safe. The majority of huskies that don't chew, don't do it because they just get that much exercise, they are too exhausted to.

I think you need to re-inforce your dominance as the leader of the pack; this doesn't mean being aggressive towards your dog or looking down on them, but more simple differences like:

• You ALWAYS go through the door before your dog does.
  • You ALWAYS eat before your dog eats.
  • Your dog NEVER gets leftovers; it's your dinners, not theirs, and your dinner probably has too much protein in it for a husky anyway.
  • Give Affection when you want to give it; not when they ask for it. If they're sleeping and you want a husky hug, wake them up and give them a hug, even if it's just a quick hug and then you ignore them, it just says that you are interacting with them, when you want to, meaning you are in charge.
  • Only say a command once; if your dog doesn't sit the first time you say it, show them what you want them to do, and then reward them.
  • Enfore that your dog must sit down or lie down before they are allowed their dinner. To start this off, feed them on a lead and put the food on the floor, don't allow the lead to go loose or for them to have a bite until you tell them they can have it. Eventually your dog will get into the routine and you wont require the lead. My girl always has to lie down and wait whilst I give my girlfriend a cuddle before she is allowed to have her dinner. When I'm ready, I say "Ok" and she takes her dinner. Also, whilst they're waiting, safely try to handle their food to show that it's yours and your giving an offering.
  • Be confident in that you are the leader of the home; but remember that leaders are respected for looking after their pack. Groom your dog and show them affection when you are prepared to (but enough to look after them).

I hope this helps. Hopefully if the peeing is behavioural and you establish yourself as the leader, he will soon think, actually, thats a bad idea, because it will upset the alpha.

The most important one in my experience is the feeding.

My girlfriend always gets a cuddle and a kiss before I allow my dog to go near her dinner. You know when you're in charge when you can cuddle and kiss your partner right infront of your dog, and they still wont get up to touch their dinner till you say so.

All of this will take a while to enforce, but I think these kind of things may help you.

I wish you all the best and keep us updated!

Stacey xxx

As I just poseted a reply adressing most of this in another post I will just say We/he does all of this....thats whats so frustrating. He seems to just want certain things and does them :(

We've curbed the jumping on people for the most part so i know he can learn...as he does everything you mention. Most times now he will not automatically jump up when people come down the back walkway....even though EVERYONE has to try and pet the cute little Sibe. People walk from the other end of town to do it.

They reach over fence and pet him and then he gets excited...he does chase the tractors that go by along the fence though...that works him up :)

I've got in contact with a few people between last night and today who have had dogs from his line...going back about 13 years....seems all but one of 9 that I have tracked down report similar traits in their pups. Very strong willed and such. I'm just learning all kinds of things about his lineage and such so :)

I stayed up and did this instead of working on Schoolwork...So now i have to hold off a bit and get back to school.

We are going for a lovely walk in a couple weeks to this place:

http://www.travelpod....jpg/tpod.html#

here it is in the summer:

[ATTACH]6867.IPB[/ATTACH]

we'll see how he likes it :)

Oh I'm not really worried about the chewing, Buit that is why when i'm gone instead of a crate he gets his big dog run outside. With his house and everything in there. 15 feet by 10 feet. so he has quite a bit of room.

post-2708-13585957911907_thumb.jpg

Consistency is the key.... I didn't think Ryn was ever going to stop peeing in the house. But at four months, she has finally stopped. I've found that exercise and not allowing an overabundance of water after a specific time was a great help. Also be aware of WHEN he pees. Is it more at night? More when you are there than when he's alone? Seeing this can be your major breakthrough with the problem.

Chewing is difficult, but the pup must come to understand what is his and what isn't. The way I handle this with Ryn is when she begins chewing on anything that didn't come from her toybox, I simply get up, take it away and look her in the eye while saying, "MINE." I don't ask her to release the item, I don't beg her to release it, I simply demand that the item is mine. It doesn't take long before she gets the idea. Of course, there are some things we still battle over, but for the most part - she is getting to where all I have to do is give her a look.

As for crates, four hours max, IMHO. Fortunately, my pup can come to work with me one or two days of the week. Not everyone has this option, I know. The other two days that I work, my husband goes home at lunch and puts her outside for an hour.

Exercise is extremely important. Is he getting enough? Walks every morning and evening for at least a half hour (at this age)? Plus a good hour or two of hard play with another dog or yourself?

But, above all else, Don't give up. Remember that most Sibes are abandoned starting at this age - they're teens and every teen, pup or human - is hard to handle. Be sure to continue asking for ideas and keep trying different things. Don't give up, we're here for you.

Sometimes, its easier to see what's needed by taking a step back. I am really good at watching others dogs, but not so much my own pup. When I took a step back, left my emotional attachment (sometimes LACK thereof) and actually watched Ryn like she was someone else's, I found it much easier to read her and what she was trying to tell me. Try it, you might be surprised at what you notice.

WOW! Thanks EVERYONE for your advice and comments on this topic I created I feel so LOVED! I actually can take a bunch of your great suggestions and advice and try and apply many of them to help this situation. After posting this I called the vet the next day and had his urine tested, It came back positive for a urinary tract infection so that is being treated. Which is really weird because I would think they would strain to pee VS peeing a TON. My dog always has plenty of pee to water the yard and kill the grass :rolleyes:

He does seem bored at times even tho I think he gets plenty of exercise I suppose he could use more. I know they have what seems like endless amounts of energy. I just also have been changing his food over because I feel the food I had him on was to rich for him. SO maybe he is pissed about it?? I am doing it slow to refrain from causing a stomach upset and an angry pup. Another reason I changed is because he was pooping almost everytime I would take him out just for a pee break. AND he was passing terrible terrible amounts of GAS. I started him on California Natural Grain Free Venison Meal Formula Dry Dog Food. Seems to be doing much better so far.

Another thing that didnt make since about the VET . . . was them saying that his urine sample came back pretty diluted?!?!? They suggested that I cut back on the amount of water I give my dog?? That sounds so WEIRD to me. This dog is hyperactive and seems to walk around the house panting all the time. I really like the vet I go to and trust their judgement. I just find this weird.

My dog is crated at night and during the day if and when someone isnt home. Other than that he has full supervised reign of the house. He is so anti-social and hates to be smoothered and cuddled I HATE IT! He would rather lay on the cold floor instead of by me and be social. He isnt a guard dog for sure :)

TREATS/BONES TO KEEP HIM BUSY: My dog has a sensitive belly and I really want to have him some kind of treat to chew for a while. Any suggestions, THESE things (cant remember the name) kinda like a raw hide (but not) "BULLY" SOMETHING stick thing he chews thru in just under an hour it smells terrible but he loves it and doesnt upset his belly, but I am kinda looking for something that will last a bit longer that that and something along the same lines.

Again I appreciate all your comments from my main post GOOD LUCK WITH ALL YOUR DOGS.