Dog shampoo

i actually meant like pantene,head and shoulders that sort of shampoo thats what i heard about our shampoo i can see that johnsons baby is okay as people use it

Thats right. The main reason is due to the different pH balance in their skin compared with ours. I dont know exact figures but basically dogs shampoo is formulated to the correct pH balance for the dogs skin whereas Humans have a different pH blance. This is mainly why dogs can get skin irritation if human shampoo is used, but some dogs do seem to be ok.

added: I have also heard that human shampoo can take the natural oils out of a dogs coat, causing a loss in shine, etc and making it look dull and lifeless!

Thats right. The main reason is due to the different pH balance in their skin compared with ours. I dont know exact figures but basically dogs shampoo is formulated to the correct pH balance for the dogs skin whereas Humans have a different pH blance. This is mainly why dogs can get skin irritation if human shampoo is used, but some dogs do seem to be ok.

thanks for clarifying that as that is what i heard somthing bout the ph level

• 7 months later...

I use a relativley good shampoo ( i don`t think i`m alowed to post it`s name) but i`m not very pleased with it.Jack likes it and he doesn`t have any problems with it,but Laika is allergic to any kind from this brand even with sensitive skin formula :mellow: and i will change the brand.But,I have a question,are the professional products good?

Okay. I'm not only new to the site, I'm also a new husky owner. One problem I have with bathing is that I live in Hawaii where our dirt is very RED. This makes my boy's coat very reddish brown when finished playing. What shampoo or bath procedures would you recommend to get his coat nice and white? The breeder I got him from shows Siberians and has a few champions in her pedigree. She recommended Palm Olive (dish soap) with oxy clean. She also uses a brush to get to under her dogs' coats and all the way to their skin. I've tried that technique, but he still doesn't get as white as I know he can.

Any recommendations?

Guest snowdog

hiya, i use the salon collection conditioning shampoo for puppies, but when i ran out and was waiting for my order through the post, i used pantene as the dogs werre filthy, it had been raining and they rolled in the mud as they were play fighting, so i had to use this, i didnt want to, but when id finished drying them with the hair dryer, they werre like little fluff balls, and neeko and neos fur was silky smooth, wouldnt suggest using it as a regular thing though, i only used it in an emergency lol