Did some recall in our local plaing field with Giz

Bought a 10m training lead before camping mainly to allow the dogs to have more freedom. With so much extra lead to run on I decided to add in some recall work so I ave that extra control if/when I need it.

Started wth Gizmo today, I halved the lead to a 5m lead as it was our first time out in the open training recall and Gizmo is soooo strog when he gets a run up he could easily pull me over with 10m lead!

Went armed with 2 squeeky toys, the long lead and his usual walkies lead. Went over to our playing fields and chose the quietest one which was empty (perfect to start) and then put Gizmo onto the 5m lead.

I started by getting his focus on me using one of the squeeky toys and threw the ball for him and when he caught it and started playing with it I pulled the other one out of my pocket and made myself sound and act really interested in the one I had as if it was better than the one gizmo had. When Gizmo showed interest in what I had, I called him over to me with an excitable tone with my hand held in the air. When he came back I gave him praise and then threw the squeeky I hadfor him after I got the other one Gizmo had back.

We had soooooo much fun :D loads of running around and Gizmo came back to me straight away about 50% of the time which IMO is really good for a first time outsde of his home suroundings. Wish I had the camera.

I was too dark when I took Marley and Bandit so Im going to take them both over (one at a time) tomorrow :D Can't wait, Marley already has a fairly good recall when we are out and about but not ried when hes has 5m of lead so will be interesting to see.

Thanks everyone :D

Tried with Marley and Bandit, one at a time, and again had loads of fun :D

Marley, with the use of treats, came came back about......................... wait for it..............................

99%

of the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

I'm still in shock!!!!!!! even with other dogs around he came back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VERY PROUD MUMMY of Marley, I know he picks up commands well but I really wasnt expecting him to pick it up THAT QUICK!!!!

Bandit was the opposite :lol: He didn't came back about 99% of the time. Bandit is easily distracted and highly motivated by prey and other dogs so he needs alot more effort on my behalf to encourage him back to me. He did come back eventually but it was when the item he was focused on had gone :rolleyes: Bless him

Went out with Gizmo again and he was excellant :D Going to have to go shopping for squeeky toys and more squeeky toys!!!!!!!

Going to bring the camera home from work today so can get some pics tomorrow :D

WOW well done marley! tut tut bandit! try harder next time gorgeous boy! well done tho aims :) sounds like your doing a great job im sure bandit will learn soon bless him x

Thanks Nix, soooooo proud of them all :D Still in shock at how well Marley was, just shows they can REALLY suprise you sometimes. It could have been beginners luck though, I'm sure we will have off days too

Bandit has always taken longer to pick up commands even though he is both treat and toy driven, he is really easily distracted. Like Marley I may take him out tomorrow and he'll be perfect and Marley will be the opposite :lol: Typical brothers eh :rolleyes: