Anyone interested??

I am thinking of breeding my leopard geckos again, I mentioned it before and a few members were interested

I have one male, Ecko, who bred with Kimiko, we had 2 hatchlings from this (Kimi's tankmate turned the other 2 eggs before I got to them :rolleyes:)

I'll be breeding the same 2 again, Kimi is the best temperament girl I have out of the 2 which are the right weight to breed

This is Kimi (her colour has faded now)

gallery_691_2_738.jpg

And this is Ecko

gallery_691_2_12253.jpg

These are the 2 babies

Photo0462.jpg

Photo0461.jpg

Will probs be breeding after xmas if i decide to do it again. They wouldnt leave me till they were at least 8 weeks and feeding well.

I'd expect at least 4, pricing would depend on the colours, regular colours (like the babies above) would be £25.

Would anyone interested??

Lol my 1st one Izzy was my 1st ever 'own' pet, he was great, shame he was pet shop bought and ill :( After he died I got Kimiko from a breeder. All my other ones have been bought from the shop I used to work at, I can talk to their breeders any time.

They're great 1st time pets, easy to care for and fairly hardy lil things, really friendly too, mine have bitten me, but only when i've been feeding them, and they've missed the food :rolleyes: I used to take Kimiko into the shop and she would sit on my shoulder as I spoke to customers and they would get to hold her, it was handy cus the young ones we had were skittish and she was a good example of how tame they could be with good handling :D

Im gunna speak to the guys I sold the 2 babies to, they still have them I think (they ran a reptile shop I worked for so its poss they have been sold on) if they still have em I'll try get some pics, I'd like to see how their colouring has changed

Cool Amy, I have a Rankins Beardie, hes smaller than normal beardies but cuter ;) lol

awwwww they are so cute :wub:

I've been to visit a guy who owns a reptile shop and he breeds his own beardies. Been in there a few times and both parents are lovely and healthy and their last hatchlings (few of them are still with they guy - fully grown now) are adorable and all easy to handle.

i 've kept and bred leopard geckos for about 8 years before i sold all mine on a few years ago. :) they are great little pets. :)

i set up a damp hide ( made from a tuper ware tub with a hole in the lid) filled with soil or coconut peat stuff, kept moist and just check it every week for eggs. then shove them in the incubator, each pair of eggs in its own small tub with no holes in the lid, filled with peralite or similar stuff. i take it you know the incubation temps for males vs females etc. :)

you can get about 3-5 clutches of eggs per season.

Kells I could recommend some cheap tanks, you can pick em up about £15

Yea Wiz I know it all ;) they have a spagnum moss moist box for egg laying, tho she once laid them in her regular hide, which is why they got turned :(

1st breeding season clutches are always less, so hoping to get more this time around :)

if you give them a larger hide, and put soil from garden centre in it, to use when they are laying, they will use it as a shedding place and an egg laying place, and your eggs wont get disturbed. x

Have you got Leopard Gecko Gentics book by Ron Tremper? Excellent book if you are breeding. x

Kimi is definately a tremper albino, the other one is definately a hypo or super hypo, you won't get any other babies than hypos or super hypos, which basically means they are a normal phase leopard gecko but with reduced spotting. But all the babies will be heterozygous for albino, which means if you mate the babies to each other (or another leopard gecko thats het. for albino) or an albino you have a chance of getting more albinos. if you want me to explain in it detail and the probabilities of each baby being an albino etc, pm me.

albino means a lack of melanine which is the black pigment. Kimi is most definately an albino leopard gecko.