breaks my heart :(

hi guys as you know i have the two girls just recently after they both had there first season they have began to fight !!! although there's been a few times none have been to serious it keeps getting worse. the other morning they did it it was over the bouncy ball echo had been carrying every where then orca stole it and echo cut above her eye. then dis morning while getting ready to go out orca ran down the hall way and attacked echo unprovoked!!!!! i just dived in the middle to split them up and got caught in the process. (not to bad though a few puncher marks on my leg) i didn't even realize till after because i was too busy checking the girls!! alot of people have said it may be dominance due to there season to see who is the leader ????? have you any light on this?? also it will start for affection i will stroke one and the other will not be happy?? it does get a little upsetting to see them hurting each other i love them both so very much but then 5 minutes later there cuddled up together??

my two have kind of done this theyve not actually hurt each other but blaze will put skyla in her place ALOT more now then he used to now shes just finished her 1st season even tho she has always been submissive to him, they have been having a few scraps over random things too - like a tennis ball this morning the other day they had a scrap over nothing - heres a video of blaze asserting his dominance over skyla (this was taken about the same time skyla finished her season)

jRyFUV3KShU

Yea its because they're on season, Kira is normally fine with other bitches, except when shes in season, when she wont tolerate one at all :(

Because of how they are I would get them both spayed after this season, save it happening again in 6 months time

For now, crate at least one of them whenever you leave the room, and at night. Feed seperately, either in different rooms or in crates, dont give only one of them attention, dont give any treats, titbits, or chews.

Basically get rid of anything they can fight over, so there's less chance of a scrap

our girls are 6 yrs & 21 months & speyed & they have scraps occasionally over one getting too close to something like a chew or ball. Lots of noise but no biting, soon as i shout to stop they do as they don't like loud voices. Kira & mishka don't get on ,they grumble @ each other when they stare @ each other, usually fine as off leads but there was a little scuffle the other day over god knows what maybe 1 looked @ the other wrong or something, ;) Bitches are worst though i found.

Awww hon, not nice to see our babies not getting on but Keep your chin up it will be ok.

Like Sid said think its propbley best to spay them both at the same time that way it should even out the hormone levels, also if one deliberatly starts a fight over a possesion put them out of the room for 5 minutes like a time out.. thats what Iv been doing with my girl as she gets possesive and nasty with Shadow over the toys in the house and its working well.

Good luck hon and you know we're all here for you if you need to vent! :)

Maybe give it another week or so to see what happens?

Im pretty sure that Angel has just come into her first season, as she is showing alot

of signs like swelling, excessive water intake, whining/barking/howling more, and she

has tried to start scuffs with chewy now as well.

Luckily for me chewy just sort of roooooooo-s at her alot and goes in his kennel to sleep

when she gets obnoxious, lol.

I hope maybe your ladies will calm down once their hormones balance out again. :)

no i took that all up the other day pup just went to lick her face and orca went crazy! she actually made pup bleed! I'm taking her to vets tomorrow see if she may be poorly because her behaviour last few days has been so off, theres clearly something at the root of it. if she was ill at least that would explain it alittle. i know orca she hasn't got a nasty bone in her body shes so out of character it unreal.

nope all clear clean bill of health :( i know i should be happy about that but at least that would have explained her behavior??. shes been on a real mission today attacked echo again after breakfast over nothing! and had to muzzle her in the vets as she tried to eat everything that moved including people!! :( Darren our vet was completely shocked!! not the nervous timid orca he has treated before. but he talked to me for over 45mins about how he feels because of the the way she is reacting to everything that it may only get worse!! he did say something interesting though that i may be something to do with her past, being miss treated before and that now she has gained her confidence back maybe she doesn't know to channel that???? he explained this much better then i just have, but he seems to think that maybe an emotional coach for dogs as he called it could be of use he has given the man my details i just to wait for him to contact me. what do you guys think on this???? and that it maybe a jolt from her past that could be causing this?? she still so loving toward me and my kids though when i bring my boys in from school she goes mad shes so happy to see them but is now turning on people she doesn't know??

I was gunna say fear aggression after I just read about her attacking randomly, she could be getting triggered by things that arnt obvious to you but have happend in her past? I think this emotional coach sounds just the job and I'll be facinated to hear what you think of what he does as Iv never heard of that before and sounds like a very cool job! Go for it hon! Cant make it any worse can it!? :)

well this is what I'm a little concerned about to be honest Sarah, incase it does make her worse!! her only true comfort zone is in our home with me kids and hubby shes loving gentle and a true pleasure to be around OK the odd random scuffle with echo but shes never really harmed her seriously but in the vets today i could see on peoples faces they were scared and looking at her as if she was rabbid it was gutting and i got quite upset because that really is not her!!!

I dont think her being looked over and you advised by someone who knows dogs will make her worse and you dont have to take the guys advice just hear what he thinks! Maybe try PMing Heather on here (Magic Merlin) see if she has any pearls of wisdom for you.. obviously Merlin has a bad history and some behavioural issues becuase of that so see what she says? I know she mentioned taking Merl to Reki healing which Iv heard very good things about its kind of like meditation so is very calming. :)

thanks sarah every little thing helps at the moment its just so frustrating that feeling that you knew something was up before the signs followed. it was only a few days before this all came about that i said to my husband that she wasn't her self. he thought she seemed fine but it was just a certain look she kept given me i just knew something was coming does that sound weird?