Best Dog Blower

husky-owner

• 2 weeks later...

Are you by chance talking about a high velocity dryer? If so then yes they are fabulous but they aren't an absolute substitute for grooming/brushing.Yes you can use one instead of brushing for the most part but it is still important to brush sometimes especially when blowing coat.

• 2 months later...

I'm a bit late here but I use a high velocity dryer on my sibe and after having one I cannot imagine life without it again. I use a K-9 Mini dryer and it really is the best tool I have for grooming.

I've posted many times about HV dryers in the past on other forums so I'll copy and paste one of them here for those that might be interested...

"The High Velocity Dryer, simply put, is a force grooming dryer that blasts water, dirt, debris, loose undercoat, etc. out of the coat for extremely fast drying and helping remove undercoat during shedding periods.

That said, I own a K-9 Mini dryer and I love it! Hands down my HV dryer is my number one grooming and de-shedding tool and I will never ever be without one. I did a lot of research before deciding which dryer I would buy. I visited multiple groomer forums and read their comments and experiences before ultimately deciding to buy a K-9 brand dryer. I had seriously considered buying a Metro because they were cheaper, but after reading many groomers' experience with the Metro's dying on them after a number of years of use I decided to go with K-9 since they seemed to last much longer and it was recommended by a so many groomers.

Since hubby didn't want to spend too much on a dryer I opted for the K-9 Mini which was recommended on another husky forum by a groomer who used it on her own sibe with great results. I love my K-9 Mini and both hubby and I are so pleased with it we both wish we would have known how great it would be and now wish we had put up the extra money for the K-9 II. But what's done is done and I am still in love with my K-9 Mini.

This is the dryer I have: http://www.petedge.com/product/Grooming/Gr...c/263/45986.uts

I can have my dog dry in about 15 minutes and blow out any loose undercoat in the process. It leaves my dog oh so fluffy and looking like he's ready for a show. It is also great for removing loose undercoat between baths as well, just lightly wet the coat with a hose or spray bottle of water and blow them out. It's so easy and only takes 10 minutes to do from start to finish...definitely beats brushing for hours!

We got ours from a great seller on ebay that I highly recommend. She was so incredibly nice, helpful, and shared tips with me on how she uses an hv dryer on her own double coated northern breeds who also shed bi-annually.

Our sibe was scared of the dryer at first but with each use he got more and more comfortable with it and now he's so comfortable with it that he's content to lay down and fall asleep while I blow out his coat. I love that it comes in a high and low setting so that it is strong enough to blow out the undercoat on my husky but also gentle enough to use on my little chihuahua. It also comes with several different nozzles to customize your usage. I use the cone shaped blower tip for maximum force when blowing out my sibe.

This pic shows the cone nozzle that I use for that extra concentrated force to blow out undercoat.

_DSC6316.jpg

The K-9's are built solid and very durable and due to that they do have some weight to them. But they are still easy to transport and store. I love that they come in many different colors, I got mine in purple, my favorite color. :)

I just measured it and my K-9 Mini (body only) is about 11" L x 9.5" H x 7" W with a 10' hose. I just weighed it myself right now and mine weighs 14.2 lbs, that includes the body, hose and cone nozzle blower tip. (Note, the shipping weight on the K-9 Mini is 15 lbs.) The K-9 I is 19"L x 11"H x 8"W according to the PetEdge website, the manufacturers website says its shipping weight is 24 lbs so I'd guess it's actual weight is slightly over 23 lbs. I also have no idea of dimensions on the K-9 II but it's shipping weight is 26 lbs so actual product weight will probably be just over 25 lbs.

Here is a pic of my dryer next to my sibe for size perspective for anyone unfamiliar.

_DSC6314.jpg

And not to rattle on too much, but they can be used for other things to which makes them an even better investment. I use mine to dry the cars, it makes an amazing duster for fans, keyboards, etc, I use it to clean off the air filter on itself, and clear out any junk on the front porch, sidewalks and driveway. I just can't say enough good things about HV dryers!

The K-9 Mini is an excellent choice if you are looking for a good, quality, long lasting dryer that won't break the bank and it's size makes it really great if you need to travel with it as well or just don't have a lot of room for storing it. While I would love a stronger one, I highly recommend the K-9 Mini!

Of course there are other great brands of HV dryers available to choose from, I happen to have experience with the K-9 and am very happy with it. :)"

My personal fave is still a good undercoat rake/deshedding tool/brush. The blower is good if you want hair in your nose and mouth lmao!

So true! But then again I get fur everywhere even with brushing so no method will keep you fur free. But you're right, the fur storm that accompanies a blow out is not too pleasant but I still think it beats brushing any day. Second to the dryer my next favorite deshedding product is my undercoat rake.

• 2 weeks later...