Help things are bad now

Hi guys,

I am now offically at melt down Tannar has got worse not improved. I have tried and been persistant with all tips and advise I have been given and have got no where and I mean NO WHERE i had slight improvement with walks, recall and getting her to sleep in the kitchen and thats it i mean slight only. My neighbours have now reported her as she is kicking off now at all hours of the night and her and laika and no longer really getting on. For the past 2 weeks I am constantly having to pull her off a very submissive Laika as she is attacking him and its getting worse today she injured him. How long before Keegans near by???? Laika can be fast asleep and next min she is attacking him. So now im constantly trying to keep them seperated or her calm at least to at least give him 5 mins.

Please please please help me I seriously cant cope anymore with her and feel ashamed to have to admit this.

A very desperate stacy xx

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So sorry to hear things have got worse.

We had 2 months of hell between Echo (our white GSD) and Darwin.

It got to the stage where we had to send echo to my Ex-wifes house for a week so that she could heal.

While Echo would pin Darwin into submission, in the process he would slash Echo with his teeth causing deep cuts and punctures.

I got bitten by Darwin in the process of separating them.

However they have finally settled down and were actually "playfighting" today.

They snuggle together on the floor and kip during the day.

As for the night time. . .Echo and Daughtry sleep downstairs in the living room and Darwin on the floor at the foot of my bed.

He nearly destroyed the living room door in the first week to get to us at night. His original owners let him sleep with them from being a puppy.

However this is the ONLY concession we have given into him with.

So I can sympathise with what you are going through.

We don't have a young child in the house though. and that has to be your primary worry.

There I can't help. . . sorry.

If you just had the dogs I would say stick with it . . . it DOES get better.

But if you are scared of Keegan getting caught between them. . . then. . . I don't know

Don't be ashamed, Stacy. As much as we'd like to think a new dog will integrate seamlessly into the family, they come with baggage. Sometimes that baggage is a deal-breaker. For me, with our first husky mix, when I realized that my adult friends were afraid of him and the neighbors would cross the street rather than walk past our house, I started to worry. When he rolled my 10 year old son over and nipped above his neck like he was disciplining a naughty puppy, he had to go.

It broke my heart but he needed a different family to be happy, and we needed another dog to be safe. I'm sorry I don't have any great advice for you, as we've never had more than one dog at a time.

its hard to comment on stuff like this but stacy if you are scared for your son then there is only one option

you will have to rehome tannar.

you have put in a lot of work with him but he isnt meshing properly into your pack

i know it will be hard to see him go but your child must come first and any danger to his safety MUST be addressed and dealt with.

so sorry that it didnt work out hun x

sad.gif

kelly

sorry stace i havent got any advice either :(

im havin a nightmare myself with shiloh at the mo aswell :(

we have the walking sorted now after we started using the head collar when out on walks- he never pulls now..it instantly helped things...is tanner pulling?? sorry i dont really know whats been happening as havent really been on much lately

hope you manage to sort something out...but i do agree with the others- if you are getting concerned over keegans safety then maybe you should consider re-homing tanner...i know its awful but if this was me and shiloh was being aggressive that much that i had concerns over chloe's safety he'd have to go- we have always said that...she is my life....children cant ever be replaced :)

If i was closer i would come help and train them not saying you haven't but tanner may listen to male authority more than female... Hmmmmm thinking cap is on. but defo make sur enot a single tug of war game is played retrieving yes tig of war no it nurtures the dominant side and aggression even thou seems like playing to us

How much exercise are they both getting?? are they walked together or seperate?? do you spend time training them both 1 on 1 as well as together??

Sometimes dogs just wont gel together, we had that problem with Kira and a bitch we had round for a couple of days, she was fine with the other 2, but her and this bitch would sit across the room from each other and stare each other down :mellow:

I agree with everyone else tho, you have to think about your childs safety, glad i dont have em!! lol

Could you hire a behaviourist?

keath why would she listen to a male more so than a female? how firm and consistant are you being with her hun? she might just need abit of a firmer hand im not sure however i agree with the others if you feel you cant trust her around keegan then im afraid theres only 1 option, i would be putting him first before her :( not what u wanna hear i know, im sorry i cant rly offer much advice :( *hugs*

keath why would she listen to a male more so than a female? how firm and consistant are you being with her hun? she might just need abit of a firmer hand im not sure however i agree with the others if you feel you cant trust her around keegan then im afraid theres only 1 option, i would be putting him first before her :( not what u wanna hear i know, im sorry i cant rly offer much advice :( *hugs*

we were at a puppy party last night and the vet told us that because a woman has a higher pitched voice they can use a more exciting voice while saying "Come here" or "sit" etc... and they dogs tend to pay attention more, but you have to make it like a silly game "the more silly sounding the better". Men on the other hand have a deeper voice which is better for things like telling them off. A male and female pair would make the old 'good cop, bad cop' partners

both mine, listen to me a lot more than robert, but he hasnt got the hang of being consistant, telling them exactly what you want them to do, and talking to them just generally, i give the dogs a lot of input and they give me a lot of output... i guess. :S

sorry stacy i havent had trouble with dogs before so i cant imagine what it must be like. But i would possibly get a dog trainer in to help point out where i am going wrong and what i should improve. xx

Hi guys,

I have spent the last 3 painful days thinking about this and this mornings fight has made my decision for me unfortunaly im going to have to rehome her. However just to answer some question that was asked i train them both together and then also do 1 on 1 aswell. Laika i cant fault him he just needs to get his pulling under control and thats it he is brilliant next to no begging unless it fish thats being cooked and he has a lttle attempt and doesnt even bother with dropped food or anything but her she is practically on your knee ready to snatch. I even struggle at times to do 1 on 1 with him as Tannar gets very jealous and runs and in and nastly gets a grip on his arse or neck. She has her playful growls and her nasty one and she is using her nasty one alot more at the min.

I have her walking undercontrol for first 2 mins out of the door she is a bit giddy wanting to know where abouts she is going then she will walk by your side but not until she has had a quick aggressive fight with laika. Yes i do walk them both together as I do spend alot of time out about with my fella and his 3 huskys who are extremely well behaved. Jim has even attempted to have a go at helping me train her but she is not willing to listen to either of us no matter how firm we are not even when we went back to basics. She has been spade so it cant be her coming into season keegan now leaves her well alone and sticks to playing with laika and ill play with her. They both do get plenty of exercise as they are always out with me apart from supermarkets and when i got my work at weekends but they go down to jims then playing running up and down on the riverbank. I have been very persistant with everything and dont let her get away with anything. When i first got her her previous owners let her sleep with them from a pup as she used to cry and they felt guilty so they never even went out as she would kick off it has taken me an awful lot but i have now just got her sleeping downstairs and not making a peep it used to only be able be for an hour and then she kicked off now i have got her to stay down there till half 6ish then se would howl so i get up let them both out seperatly now as they fight and then they can come upstairs for an hour before we all get up.

Keath i gave up tug or war ages ago when she put me on my arse lol that was funny and hurt an extra bruise or two appeared we do more retrieving games with her and i make toys for her.

This is absolutly killing me i love her to bits and worked so hard trying to get her better and under control im just ashmed i failed her, but keegan is my life and like you said I cant replace him. Ill be devasted well that aint the word words dont meet it if anything ever happened to him.

Thank you all for the support and advise your giving me i love my husky owners family your all the best so i have had to rep +1 to all or slight bit of advice or suppert given

xxxxxxxxxxx

thanks guys i cant stop crying now i feel guilty. Im going to be very picky who she goes to though i know that much. I cant get in contact with the previous owners at all and now im sturggling to get on fb and yahoo to attempt to contact her on those and i just keeo getting white screens. Ill keep you all posted on what happens and thank you all so so much xxx