Help things are bad now

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't feel guilty Stacy, you are having to make a hard decision lots of hope we will never have to make. When we met you came across to Jennifer and I a good loving owner. So if you can't cope and have to get rid of your dog. I know you are making the right decision.

Thank you so much hunny that means alot. I never wanted to make this choice so im heatbroken i have had to but keegan comes first always xx

I hope you can find a new loving home..

If it is any consolation I can understand how you are feeling.. before we had Neo we had a rescue Lab x Staffy who was an absolute star - the only thing he did was be a little pully on the lead and a little boistrous around new people.. but he was working on it well..

After we had had him 5 months we decided to get Neo to give him some company.. and aside the usual getting to know each other scuffles all was well..

When it came to Neo hitting around 6mnths - all hell broke loose.. and one fight became three and then they couldn't eat in the same room and so on.. until one day there was an almighty fight - worse than any others and Maple *the rescue* shook Neo over nothing.. *well nothing to us - but something to him* but my 3 year old daughter saw it :(

We kept the dogs apart for 4 days - me sleeping in a tent in the garden because Neo wouldn't come in the house - and we tried our best because we didn't want to lose Maple..

But every day Darcie *our 3 yr old* cried that she didn't want Maple anymore and was petrified if he came in the room where she was.. even though he'd never hurt anyone.

We couldn't live like that - constantly worrying that another fight would happen.. BUT moreso that our own daughter was becoming scared of a dog.. and petrified he was going to hurt her no matter what we said..

So, like yourself we had to make the decision.. and your child does come first.

You are doing what is best for your family and your dog.. because if you didn't and there was tension everyday - they know about it and it only makes things worse.

HUGE hugs to you.. and the family, because it affects everyone.

XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Nikki x

Thanks for the reassurance guys it means the world to me.

I have already found her a new home in glasgow with a lovely man called harry who has a huge house a large garden and plenty of places to take her. He has previous experience with misbehaving/agression animals and works from home with no kids or other pets so he can give full 24/7 1 on 1 care and training and all the love in the world and promised to keep me updated. I have informed him of all her issues i thought it would have put him off her but he is now more adiment to help her. So im afraid I have just over 13 hours left with her.

I just want to say a huge thank you to every single one of you especially keath for all the help guidance support and reassurance with her. Im going to miss her like crazy and its going to kill me tomorrow seeing her walk out of my door for the last time im crying again now god what am i going to be like then. But what is keegan going to be like he loves her so much and as soon as i pick him back up from his dads on sundays its not hiya mummy its 'go see tannar' he cries if she is not in his room when he goes to sleep how do i explain to a 2 year old?

I cant type anymore im a wreck i just want to say thank you all of you again xxxxxxxx