Newsletter

siberian_wolf

Originally posted on Site promotion ideas thread but thought it wasn't really related to promoting so deleted from there and posted here:

could we get a newsletter thing going for members every month or so?

Could have many different things on there, like:

Latest news

Husky related Hints 'n' tips

News on meet ups

Husky of the month

How the site is growing (i.e. how many new members have joined in the last month or so)

Games (i.e. wordsearch, crosswords, colouring for the kids and big kids, etc)

Maybe hold competitions on each newsletter and then announce the winner in the next newsletter

Could even put a small section on there for any interesting, husy related, news articles or news on rally's

Joke of the month as well

Photos and info about any fundraising events or advertising that each member is doing

What do you think?

Do you mean one that's emailed out to memembers?

I have layout experience (I do some ads for the newspaper and also did a newsletter for the local Girl Scout Council for four years) and would be willing to do that if we take this on - and if you need someone.

Yeah that it so each member can have the choice to recieve it or not kinda thing like other sites do.

I think that's a great idea, added to rep.

Austinville, if you would be willing to take it on then that'd be fab. Will speak to Marc and see how we can get email addresses together for you as at the moment they are restricted to admin only.

Will have a chat with him tonight and PM you :)

Ok have spoken to Marc and he has said that it will have to be wrote in HTML in order to be emailed out through the site.

If you can get something together, and email it over he can code it so that it can go into html.

Maybe we could put a biography sort of thing on about a particular member, bit like an interview????

We want to capture the interest of members that don't come on very often and immediately grab their attention by when the open the email, they see the newsletter straight away. I think if they opened the email and then had to open an attachment as well we would loose the interest of some.