dog lead with Carabiner

i need 1 after skylas lead unclipped off her harness (thank god she didnt notice) i want summin thats gonna b alot more safer

but i cnt afford 2 pay ALOT

if any1 knows ov where i can get 1 please post up

thanks x

ETA: im gonna get 1 for blaze too - skylas has 2 b pink if possible and blazes needs 2 b blue lol

I had Karly make my long leads without clips and only a loop at the end. I then hooked these onto the lead, as I have also had the problem with the dogs undoing their trigger clips.

It is one of these

StandardRapideLink.jpg

hooked to either end of one of these

S0128-0.gif

one end is then hooked to the lead and the other is hooked to their harness

The only way you could do that is if you have access to a sewing machine which would put a strong enough stitch in. You would need to undo the stitch that is holding the current clip and re-sew it.

I don't have a machine to do this that I would trust, that is why I had Karly make their leads with just a loop at the end. That way I could hook the above things on with no bother.

Hi Nix, if you want me to you can send the leads to me and I can unpick them, take the trigger hook off and resew?

Might not be the same colour thread though! LOL!

Please also buy the best carabiner you can afford as I have had them come apart on me before and they were ones costing about £5.

Hope that helps Sarah x

where did u get ur caribiners from rachael??

The link Andy gave works for the hook itself, if they don't have the swivels then just do a google search for stainless steel swivel and lots of sites come up. Think they are mainly used in sailing.

I agree with Linda, make sure they are the screw shut ones, no matter what type you get.