Is Bailey just stupid?

Well over the past two days Bailey has been "attacked" by two different dogs.

Each time he has been given a warning by the dog (growl) and yet he continues to either play or sniff in places the other dogs don't want him to.

He is still intact, is this the issue??

OR

Does he like the fact that he is pissing off the dog to the point that he gets snapped at etc... ??

Any help would be appreciated as I am worried that one day he is going to get seriously hurt.

Thanks.

Daren :mellow:

how old is he? maybe he just doesnt realise they are warning him off - this huskamute used 2 constantly hassle bingo and bings WOULD snap at him and tell him to back off - yet the huskamute didnt get the message and kept hassling him

the huskamute was still intact and bings isnt - so i dont no if he was tryin 2 dominate bingo n he wasnt having any ov it - im not sure

just b glad it hasnt affected him around other dogs - and be careful that it doesnt affect him - having a fear agressive dog isnt fun :(

I don't think Bailey still being in tact is the issue. Smokey will continue to piss off other dogs even after their warning. Once Smokey was bitten by a really gentle rottie and after Smokey cried and freaked out for a bit he again started to provoke a fight. The rottie was simply annoyed by the fact that Smokey kept nicking him on the bum. In Smokey's case it's always been a dominance issue but every husky is different....

nanuq loves all other dogs and just wants to play with them....nil aggression...but he has been attacked by other dogs on occassion when we go out, even my sisters dog will swing on his chin, snapping and growling...he is neutered and i was concerned that was the cause...he just dosent seem to get it,that other dogs dont wanna play, as he is so placid....no dominance in him

Thanks for all the replys guys, much appreciated. :)

how old is he? maybe he just doesnt realise they are warning him off - this huskamute used 2 constantly hassle bingo and bings WOULD snap at him and tell him to back off - yet the huskamute didnt get the message and kept hassling him

the huskamute was still intact and bings isnt - so i dont no if he was tryin 2 dominate bingo n he wasnt having any ov it - im not sure

just b glad it hasnt affected him around other dogs - and be careful that it doesnt affect him - having a fear agressive dog isnt fun :(

He has just recently turned 1yrs old.

hmmmm i don't think he "likes" getting snapped at he's not on his own at home so it's not like he's missing playmates, maybe it's just a one off?

No not just a once off i'm afraid Sarah I have to constantly call him away or tell him off when interacting with other dogs.

I don't think Bailey still being in tact is the issue. Smokey will continue to piss off other dogs even after their warning. Once Smokey was bitten by a really gentle rottie and after Smokey cried and freaked out for a bit he again started to provoke a fight. The rottie was simply annoyed by the fact that Smokey kept nicking him on the bum. In Smokey's case it's always been a dominance issue but every husky is different....

I think he tries to be dominant as Sasha is the boss at home.

nanuq loves all other dogs and just wants to play with them....nil aggression...but he has been attacked by other dogs on occassion when we go out, even my sisters dog will swing on his chin, snapping and growling...he is neutered and i was concerned that was the cause...he just dosent seem to get it,that other dogs dont wanna play, as he is so placid....no dominance in him

He is very placid at home and can't get him to play fight at all, he just looks at me. When other dogs have had a good go at him like the other day he just cops it sweet and doesn't retaliate.

I'm lost as to what to do other than correct him.

Pongo does this too and he's neutered. He is also a very submissive dog. I just think he wants to play sooo bad that he doesn't realize some dogs don't want to be bothered the whole time. He has been attacked 2 times (non injury causing tho)

sounds like he is bold submissive. He takes the bite because he is submitting to the other dog but doesn't go away because hes not scared. A passive submissive does the opposite and will roll over and often urinate.

He sounds quite confident around other dogs and therefore has no worrys that they may attack him (which is good) I also agree with Kroush that your dog is probably quite inept and just doesn't know when to back off.

My house mates lab was a special girl (not right in the head) and she used to stand there trying to play while other dogs ripped chunks out of her! She never once retaliated and was so unaware of what was going on that she would just keep trying to play. When she moved in with me and merlin she finnaly started to learn what all the growling and body language meant.

sounds like he is bold submissive. He takes the bite because he is submitting to the other dog but doesn't go away because hes not scared. A passive submissive does the opposite and will roll over and often urinate.

+1 Thanks!!

Never knew there were different types of submissive.

Bailey is definately the bold submissive to most dogs.

Thanks again. :)

Thats really interesting Heather!

Tikaani is the same, he is sooo full on and contiuously goes back for more even when the other dog is warning him off or gets nipped,its like he thrives off pain!! We are really worried that one day he will get hurt as he has hassled very submissive dogs that then go for him.

But he will often try and hump other males also:blink: which I am aware of being a dominance thing.

Does this make him a bold submissive or something else?

Thats really interesting Heather!

Tikaani is the same, he is sooo full on and contiuously goes back for more even when the other dog is warning him off or gets nipped,its like he thrives off pain!! We are really worried that one day he will get hurt as he has hassled very submissive dogs that then go for him.

But he will often try and hump other males also:blink: which I am aware of being a dominance thing.

Does this make him a bold submissive or something else?

My rotti is very similar. she is deffinatly submissive, but does from time to time hump merlin who is the boss! Its hard to tel with humping how much is dominance and how much is sexual.

• 2 weeks later...

That's really interesting I never knew there were different types either. Kiana is the same way though she i seriously believe she thinks if she pesters them enough they will play with her or something; which really worries me sometimes cause shes so determined. There's this Klee Kai that goes to our park and it doesn't like ANYTHING husky or malamute which I just don't get. It will attack any husky or mal in range and it's only 5 months old. I steer clear as much as possible when he's there, and thank god the park is large enough, but every now and then Kiana will see him and try to play and it just never turns out good. Here I was thinking Kiana was just mental LOL maybe it's a husky thing