Grimsthorp Castle, Husky Racing Feb 08 2008

Sarah

How much snow is in Lincolnshire????!!!!!!!

Set off at 7am and enjoyed a 2 1/2 hour drive stopping on the way for Kimba to have a sniff.

I've never been to anything like this before and THOROUGHLY enjoyed myself!!!! As did Kimba. I met some lovely friendly people, and dogs and was amazed at how many huskies there were there!! Wow how loud they all were!!

I met Diane (Tala and Kai's mummy on here) and Richard - yes, let the battle of the north and south commence!!

Whilst Diane and myself were happy and content walking and chatting, Richard, as usual was his chirpy self throwing a dig in where he could. In order not to stoop to his level, I quietly placed lots of snow down his neck....Sarah 1, Richard 0 :biggthumpup:

After waiting around for over an hour, we were told that the races had been cancelled as there was too much sheer ice about to run the dogs properly....:eek2: I was gutted, all that way for nothing i thought, but then soon found out that they were going to to sledging instead - whoo hoo. Watching the dogs get ready just before setting off was great, I would love to do something like that but think i would end up on the floor most of the time lol

Here's some pics from today, i have more on my phone and will up load them later.

Diane, it was great to meet you finally!!!! Kai is adorable!

Richard, now i have met you I can take the piss even more oh and thank you for the cheeseburger, doesn't mean that I like you though lol

post-4-13585941934235_thumb.jpg

post-4-13585941934435_thumb.jpg

post-4-13585941934621_thumb.jpg

post-4-13585941934815_thumb.jpg

post-4-13585941935376_thumb.jpg

Thanks to Sarah and Dianne .. it was an enjoyable day... i got home drained girls sleep the whole journey back and still sleeping... no Sarah i dont expect u to be nice to me ..

think it might take more than a 3 burger lol

it was a pleasure to meet one of you ( Dianne ) not sure about you ( Sarah ) LMFAO...

hope you both got home safely....

PS : sort your randy dog out... my Tikaani is to young for all that humping..

post-40-13585941936148_thumb.jpg

post-40-13585941936707_thumb.jpg

wow you spent a whole 3 on me???? that deserves at least one nice post then......god i'm going to hate this....

The day wouldn't have been the same if you weren't there............Dianne lol No seriously, was good to meet you and know that I can give you just as much stick to you in person as I do on here lol

Yes, we got home safe thank you, Kimba is flat out now and I think I am going to be very soon as well lol

What a shame....we were at the same rallt today and never knew!!! It was a fab day...such a shame the race had to be cancelled today, but hey the dogs safety has to come 1st!!!!Cant believe u didn't have a coat on.....CRAZY!!!! I had about 6 layers on and was still bloodyfreezing!!! The sledding was fantastic.......think i might have to invest in a sled next year if it looks like we'll get real snow again!!!! I'll pop a few pics up tomorrow from sats race!

Lol now i've seen your pics on facebook, I do remember seeing you today, think i walked past you coming out of the ladies? lol

I only took my coat off for about 5 mins, we'd just walked for miles over the fields there and was really warm, plus Richard was kind enough to make me a brew although I think he was trying to poison me - fancy not having bloody coffee!!!

That'd be great if you could get saturday's pics on, was a shame we couldn't see it today, still had a good time though walking the dogs and watching the sledging :)

Ha ha.....if you saw me I probably looked rather tatty......we'd had a morning of escaping dogs (we had 8 to sort between us, so rather busy!), and Skye being very demanding (but she is forgiven as she was only missing Misha who has just come home from the vets after eating a hand towel! but thats a whole other story!) The toilets where a good place for a warm LOL!!!! That wud sound crazy to those that weren't there but hey there you go, it's true!!!

Some pics.......

100_2905.jpg

100_2911.jpg

100_2915.jpg

100_2916.jpg

100_2919.jpg

100_2920.jpg

100_2926.jpg

100_2942.jpg

100_2943.jpg

100_2947.jpg

100_2948.jpg

100_2951.jpg

100_2954.jpg

100_2955.jpg

Wonderful pics! Love em all.

Sarah: I said you would enjoy it, didn't I.

So glad you all had a nice time and hope you all got home safely! I wish I was there, looks fantastic.

Richard: About the humping, feel lucky she didn't have 3 of them trying at the same time, lol! My boys had a black labrodor tag on yesterday and the poor lab had all 3 huskies try to hump him at the same time! Poor lab was squashed!