I know huskies are intelligent, but ....

Val (Zebedee)

what clever tricks does your husky do?

Myshka will do the yap & walk to the back door to go the "loo" and the usual "doggie" things(give a paw, lie down, etc), but does your husky do anything different that makes you laugh?

When Myshka's food bowl is empty, she will pick her bowl up from her bed (cage) & carry it out, putting it at our feet, letting us know it's teatime!!

Bingo knows loadsa tricks (sit, lie down, play dead, paw, 2 paws, hug, big hug, kiss and twirl (jumps up and turns in a circle -he can do it sitting aswell) and he knows his left and right :P (i ask him for his left paw n he gives me that etc.) when u have a treat in ur hand and show it to Blaze he will plonk himself down and lift his paw up without us sayin anythin :D

Micha doesn't do much as most of our training does not involve tricks - we spend most of the time doing recall, focus work, working on his dog aggression, drive training etc. Maybe teaching tricks would be more interesting if I had more biddable breeds that learned recall etc much faster!

But he can do the standard stuff: sit, stay, down, recall (which is good for a sibe!), hi-5, shake paw, talk etc. All on hand signals and voice commands.

He knows that 'yes' is our marker word and 'ok' is our release word. He knows the commands outside, lie there, on your bed etc.

Daisy my beagle is easier to teach tricks to but I think that's just because she's a bit smaller! She does hi-10, talk, shake paw etc. I take her to obedience club so her commands and heel work are much much more precise than Micha's - i.e. down, sit, stay, down/stays etc. Her recall is worse than the Sibes hahaha. The main thing we struggle with is getting stand! By god it's hard.

My 3 doesnt do any 'trained' tricks as such but we have just dicovered that Bandit will jump on to the top of his crate to look out the window and he has recently discovered that he can jump on to the worktop in the utility room by his crate. Luckily there is no food there as Jamie and Paul do their DIY work there so its mainly just tools and they boys brushes.

And they all have the typical Husky 'tricks' like Digging, escaping from the garden, howling all toether, opening cupboards, etc

yeah, we've had to replace numerous fence panels when she does her Houdini trick from the garden! Another strange habit she's picked up is, when my fella comes to hug me when I'm sitting on the sofa & he's kneeling on the floor, Myshka will jump all over his back then next to me on the sofa & squeeze between us, pushing him away & sitting on my knee as if she's jealous, yet she sees Steve (my fella) as the pack leader in the home! Very strange, but funny!!