cough after drinking

Well i've noticed Sky sometimes coughs after he drinks, not every time but enough for me to notice, it's literally just one sort of cough /throat clear. He's never sick or brings anything up and never does it when he eats or anything. I've checked his throat and kinda pushed on it a little and rubbed it and he isn't bothered or doesn't do anything, he walks on a harness so it's not that he's pulling on a collar and doing something. I kinda put it down to being a puppy and or drinking too fast !!! It's doesn't seem to get any worse it just seems to be random. I've had a bit of a poke around on the internet and seen suggestions of raising the water bowl ?? just wondered if anybody else has/had this ??? or is it trip to the vet time ??

Kavik does this sometimes too, it's mainly when he gets a drink straight after a walk or running or when he's panting really hard. I had said it to the vet and he said it's nothing to worry about, he's just drinking too fast. he doesn't do it if I give him a minute to calm down before he gets a drink or if he gets a drink when he's not been walking or running.

Yep my girl does it... somtimes not even when drinking! blink.gif I think its just like us sometimes they just need to clear their throats! LOL She'll do it when I have her on her collar for training classes (they dont like me training her in her harness) and she'll often cough quiet abit then but thats obviously coz shes pulling about and not used to it! smile.gif