What size crate to get??

Hi everyone, i am new to the forum! =D

We are getting our Husky (Archie) in 6 wks time! (yes i no he's only 2 wks old today lol). We are getting confused with what size crate to get and who to buy off. There are loads on Ebay which is where we are thinking of getting it from?? Any ideas?? And what size to get as he will only be a puppy. So do we buy a small crate for now and then get a bigger one as he gets bigger? Ive heard not to get a big crate fo a puppy?

Thought id ask you guys for help! Think we are goin to be on here ALOT! LOL biggrin.gif

Looking forward to gettin Archie though, cant wait!

Thanks Hayley xx

PS yes, we are crate training. He will be crate trained before he comes to us x

Guest Spider_Crazy_Removed

Hello, we are getting our puppy 2moz 8weeks old and the crate we got is BIG. its 4ft by 3ft by 3 1/2ft high but this will last into adult hood.

Pers id avoid e-bay as damaged crates lose their strenth, we got our from a dog bording kennels and seeing it was the best idea. If you can see before you buy its best and maybe it will be a bit more expensive but if you go new then you can be assured its not been dagamed.

Look in my gallery and there are pics of me in this crate.

Peter x

Hi Hayley - welcome to the forum :) It is good that you start researching now before you actually get your pup. Have a look around and if there is anything you want to know or are unsure about, give a shout. It is going to be a long 6 weeks, but so worth the wait. See you around the forum.

if you go for a large crate that will last in2 adulthood make sure uve got a devider (sp?) in there as you dont want ur pup using it as a toilet (they WILL poop/pee in 1 end and sleep in the other - if u get 1 with a diveder all they really need is 2 b able 2 stand up lie down and move around easily in there

also welcome to the pack :) bet u cant w8 2 get ur pup - we cant w8 2 see sum pics :)

Hey we got an adult size crate for shiloh- he was 8wk old when he came home :)

we got this size as it was recommended in a Siberian Husky book( we sectioned half of it off so he only had half of it to use)....im sure it was a 48" one???? not sure now to be honest- the book has gone back as it was a library book :)

we got it off ebay aswell...fink it was £29.99 delivered- bargain!!

it has a metal base aswell that can be removed :)

hope you get sorted soon :)

I got both mine off ebay - metal trays are a must lol

I got the large ones - you can can put a divider up so they are more restricted :)

Bet you can't wait - will try and help your 6 weeks go quicker! :D

We have northern meet ups in manchester a lot, you should come over some time and say hi :) Next one is this bank holiday monday at 2 pmxx

HELLO!!!

Thank you so much for your replies!!! You all have been a big help :D

Just can't wait to get our little Archie now, its goin to be so much fun! We are having a dog run built at the bottom of the garden to so hes got a big area to play in as well as going out with us everyday lol. I have heard how busy they get and what kind of things they get up to LOL.

6 weeks is such a long time to wait but it does give us time to prepare. Its funny cuz we talk about Archie as though he is with us now lol.

This is where we have got our husky from, check out the webiste :D

And our puppy is the 2nd Black n White one down (Think it still says available .... but its not!!) Dont think shes had much time to sort it lol. Tell me what you think ........... Thanks guys xxxxx Hayley xxxxxx

http://www.dreamwisher-husky.co.uk/info2.cfm?info_id=88783