Cats and Dogs

Sarah

Having a few issues now we have Kaiser here with our cat Bella.

She has got used to Kimba now and he stays out of her way (for the most of the time anyway) Kaiser however can not grasp the fact that Bella doesn't like dogs and keeps getting hissed at.

Do you have cats as well as dogs - if so, how do yours get on??

I dont have any cats living with my boys but my neighbour (on the snobby side) used to have loads! They kept coming through the Garden as cats do and they did used to chase them around the garden (and sometimes they would carry on chasing them if they got out the garden, arrrggghhh). I dont think they did it aggressively but it more of a curiosity thing with them. My mum has a dog and cat together (Rusty, dog, and Itsy, cat) and they get along great. I think Rusty likes the fact that he gets groomed by Itsy every day, lol.

Gizmo has met Itsy before, when he was about 4 months old and they were ok with each other, Gizmo had a sniff of Itsy and then was more focused on playing with Rusty.

As Kaiser is still a puppy, now is the time to teach him not to keep getting too close to your cat. Unfortunately I dont have any ideas as to how but Im certian someone will have an idea :D