Hello

Hi, I'm Helena, I have joined as I hope to become a husky owner soon. I have been considering the breed for a while and have done my homework on what to expect from the breed. I have owned retired greyhounds for a considerable number of years and have lots of experience in dogs who do what you want them to only when THEY want to do it.

I have an appointment to go and look at some pups on Saturday (reputable breeder!) and make a decision...I guess that might be the hard part as the pups are all so cute.

I will let you know if I buy, and will be posting lots of pics!!

ATB Helena

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya, Helena, welcome to the pack :wave:

Well done for doing your homework on this beautiful but stubborn breed! :lol: Be warned, though, they are like Pringles, once you start, you're addicted!! :D

Let us know how your meeting goes with the breeder & how many pups are coming home with you!! :blink::lol: :lol:

Guest Spider_Crazy_Removed

Hello, My name is Peter and I am "huggywells" son.

Mum has hit the nail on the head as we have had greyhoungs and with reading the tips we often thought "its a greyhoung", must admit im dead excited about today and couting down as iv yet to see a husky IRL.

I would be the planned keeper as I have the free time to walk but not sure if my legs will go as far lol. Spose its time to tell you guys about my self.

I am known as "Spider Crazy" as I own a website all about spiders, also I love my garden and yes I know the husky wont lol but I will lood at stopping it from getting into the back. *one bit of help: how are they with small ponds and fish?* I have an eye for computers and my fish both tropical and cold water fish. I am an amateur radio operator and along with this hobbie I own a TS server for anyone inc hams and co-host a website for my friend merging his hobbie for radio and mine for spiders, I currently work as a carpet clean with carpet wizard <london and south east> and also a general cleaner. I am an admin on another forum and also got a forum my my flight sim I love, the forum might of gone as I have not used it in a while but not so much now as I used too I do my flight sim and CEO 1 active VA and CEO 2 inactive VA's/

I have run out of things to say but I will make sure we have new battries for the camera so we can snap away and maybe oneday I will get round to looking at ALL the pics within this forum.

Hello, My name is Peter and I am "huggywells" son.

*one bit of help: how are they with small ponds and fish?*

Most Huskies love splashing about and keeping cool in a pond or paddling pool, especially in summer. . .and fish "YUM !!!" yes they love fish biggrin.gif

maybe I cover the pond, its too small to fit a husky in BUT that said I am not willing to try. Thanks Andy P.s love the pics

Peter x

P.s love the pics

Thanx that's my girly Koda, loads more in my gallery

if you look at my profile then my gallery you can check out all the pix I've put up onto the forum.

just helping you get around the site. . .biggrin.gif

SPIDERS?????????????? ohmy.gif RUN AWAY!! running.gif

Sorry lol welcome to the pack! Can't wait to see some pics :D - of the pup NOT spiders lol although i'm sure people here would want to see them as well lol

huskies have a high prey drive so small animals moving about will be just too tempting lol - covering the pond with a strong mesh may help?

Thanks just had a look. The eyes are scary but so cute and the more I see the more I cant wait to view the puppies.

Peter x

Without upsetting fish owners id rather a husky than fish, when can you walk a fish or play with a fish??? nar husky comes first

Peter - spider pics not included lol x

crazy bout Spiders !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! R U CRAZY EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Sorry Peter but i HATE them, i would never hurt 1 but OMG 1 was on my ceiling the other nite ohmy.gif n i couldnt go 2 sleep. Had 2 wait 4 the other half 2 come 2 bed to get it n put it out the window !

As 4 Huskies im HUSKY CRAZY got 3 of the little buggers n am a fosterer n re-homer too !

Lookin 4ward 2 some pics of the pups

Welcom 2 u n ur mum n enjoy the site smile.gif

I will get mum to upload the pics in a tick. We have been from Ockendon to Wickford to get a cage and got back and it was damaged so another 30mile round trip to get a replacement BUT they did give us 100pack treat for free so not all bad.

Im off to put the card in mums pc so she can upload.

P.s posts are not showing here AKA blank screen from users

Peter x

They had it open so I could look it over and it was ok. Set it up and WOW it looks bigger that it did in the shop, I can sit in it and also laydown in a hunched way but not uncomfortable. Mum should be uploading the pics now, its a male we have gone for with the wolf markings and all thats left to do is name the pup before we pick it up next week lol and thats the hard part. Both of us have decided not to name him after any of our other male has we had and mums barking up the elskimo route of names and most are too hard to say let alone call the poor dog lol.

Peter x