New from Canada

Hi Everyone!

I am new to the forums, and excited to be here! Not a husky owner, but I hope you will accept a husky lover!! Also, not too good with the intros, but lets give it a shot!

Name is Sars and I hail from Eastern Canada. I grew up with husky mixes and fell in absolute love with the breed. Being from Canada..well you can guess I've met quite a few of them smile.gif

I do not currently own a husky. My first dog was a husky mix, beautiful girl, but sadly we lost her last June at age 16. Had her since I was 7 years old. She was a wonderful dog, her name was Socky (I was 7 when I named her..shhhh), and I learned a lot from that dog. Namely how NOT to raise a dog! Thank god she was such a patient soul. She is missed every day. We had another husky mix, Socky's pup, but he died young due to being hit by a car. His name was Blaze.

My focus on dog breeds has shifted from the huskies to pit bulls. APBT are my heart dogs through and through, I love them dearly. I do a lot of fostering and working with APBT at the local shelter, and love what I do. Someday I hope to have my own rescue dedicated to difficult dog breeds, namely APBT, and Rottweilers. Still, a piece of my heart will always belong to those beautiful huskies. Whenever I see one, I melt and think of childhood. Their ancient beauty and unique demeanor is really something that sticks with you for a lifetime.

What else about me..hmmm, I joined this forum to learn what I can about huskies through the people who own them, as I do hope to own another someday. Plus this way I can live vicariously through others with photos and stories of these beautiful dogs smile.gif. I also have a little experience with training difficult animals, so I hope to pass on some of what I've learned aswell.

I currently own two dogs, a 4 year old male American Pit Bull Terrier mix named Riley, and a 2 year old male Bichon Frise named Phineas. I also have two cats, an 8 year old female named Naggles, and a 4 year old male named Sullivan Jones MacDuff.

Some Pics:

resized6.jpg Riley the pit mix

rileyresized6.jpg Phineas the bichon

n629720213_5875610_7679.jpg Naggles the kittyface

14253_316450190213_629720213_9692222_3086973_n.jpg Sullivan Jones Macduff, the enforcer

Unfortunately all my pics of Socky are on my fried computer, and I have yet to get them off the hard drive.

Anyway, thanks for looking and can't wait to meet you all and your pups!

Hi Everyone!

I am new to the forums, and excited to be here! Not a husky owner, but I hope you will accept a husky lover!! Also, not too good with the intros, but lets give it a shot!

Well Sars, you could have fooled me! That was a brilliant intro & it's a pleasure to have you on board! :D

You are most certainly welcome on here, I'm sure your experiences will be valuable to the forum, as you know, husky are a little stubborn! :huh::lol:

Good luck with your plans to open a shelter & help the difficult dog breeds, they do get bad press when the owners should be to blame in a lot of cases.

Loving the pics of your pack, do they all get along? And where did you get those wonderful names from? Riley, yes, I get that, but Phineas, Naggles and Sullivan Jones MacDuff are definitely different, love them :D

Thank you Val!

Yep, they all more or less get along. The worst is the two cats. Naggles is old/cranky and does NOT like Sullivan, who we've had about a year now. Lol, she's the only one who did not agree to adding a new family member back then :).

I named Naggles when I was 15, so I don't remember why.. Something to do with bagels I think. Phineas was named after A Separate Peace, which is a wonderful book, and Sullivan's original name was MacDuff before I adopted him. I named him Sullivan, then started calling him Sullivan Jones..and well.. soon MacDuff was tacked on there too. Haha :)

Hi Sars. Welcome. Great photos. We don't care if you don't own a Husky. Main thing is, you at least know what one looks like. Shoot, that's half of it right there. Enjoy.

Welcome Sars!

Sorry to hear about your husky loss, but you sound like you have a lovly little pack going now... great names!

I have to say I have a special place in my heart for the big dogs with the so wrongly deserved bad rep! I have actually NEVER met a bully breed that was nasty only a few dodgey owners! We have the Staffy in this country that have the bad rep through a minority of morons but go back abit in history and their actually reffered to as nanny dogs they are that gentle and sweet with kids!

I wish you all the luck in the world with your rescue and rehab efforts, I have a great respect for all those in any animal rescue line of work, anyone who can see past the behaviour problems and see the lovly dog underneith and then work to bring that out!

Great to have you here and I hope you'll give us some of your doggy wisdom and share some of your happy ending rescue stories with us! biggrin.gif