Muzzle for my pup

Hi All, was wondering what yous think of a muzzle on a pup. My pup Loki is 13wks old he has just started to go out. He is mainly in the backyard he keeps eating everything especially the grass and i was thinking of putting a muzzle on him when i let him out. I have also small stones which the housing put there when the houses were built an he even eats these.

He has his toys at the back but the minute i turn away he is away eating at the grass again.

I am also trying to toilet train him to go outside any tips on this too much appreciated.

Would deffinatly not recomend a muzzel on a pup so young... especially as most good muzzels are designed so a dog can still eat and drink through them! Eating stuff in the garden is just somthing pups do.. their like babies everything goes in the mouth just to figure out what it is... and so long as its just grass I really wouldnt worry.. Nuks has eaten so much grass you'd think she thought she was a sheep not a husky!

LOL If there are plants in your garden that hes browsing and your not sure what they are check it out make sure their not poisonous and he shoud be fine. Other than that just spend some supervised time in the garden with him doing some training not to eat the plants.. maybe get a squirty water bottle and just give him a spray evey time he goes to eat something he shouldnt (that will give him the shock) then tell him NO and give him a toy to play with instead.

With the toilet training again you need to supervise him outside and then when he goes you say GOOOOD WEES or whatever and fuss and treat, keep on that and he'll quickly get the message.

Good luck! :D

Dogs eat grass to neutralise the acids in their stomachs, so I wouldnt worry about him eating it, most dogs do, all the dog's I've known have always enjoyed a good grass munching session lol.

for the other stuff work on a good strong 'leave it' command, Bec will be able to help you with that better than me, try sending her a pm :)