Our aviary

With the cold weather we lost a few birds both female love birds and 1 cockatiel

So with the weather changing hubby treated me to 4 new finches, I’ve never had them before but he did as a child.

I was having a clean out and putting in new nesting boxes for them when i noticed Satan was not head butting me every 2 mins.

Satan is an old male my mum gave me as she never managed to breed off him and he’s always been a bit grumpy and will fly at you and head but when you go in the aviary so as I'm not a breeder i took him in.

Well i found Satan in hiding

pict0017o.jpg

I know both my other cockatiels are males so it would appear poor grumpy Satan is a girly this is her first clutch so i don’t hold much hope for all living, but i would be nice if just 1 made it through, will let you all know when they hatch.

Also the finches are busy making nests so will have baby finches soon also can’t wait

Just thought i would share my nice little surprise with you all smile.gif

oh wow!

How does your sibe get on with the birds? If mine see a pidgeon or anything whoosh - they're off lol

Really hope you get a hatchling!! Would love to see some pics smile.gif

Max is fine with the aviary but when in the park he loves to chase birds

Yuki runs the length of the aviary barking when she gets to the end to make them all fly

We also have this parrot thing its huge no idea what it is was dumped on us when a friend moved house, well max and yuki surround the cage trying to figure how to get it

Its now living in the spare room while its tail grows back,

I'm not sure what happened other than it made horrid noise i called both max and yuki, and as normal it was yuki she had all its tail feathers in her mouth poor little thing is fine been assure they will grow back but now have a lock on the door lol

I will post some pic of the finches tomorrow

not sure how long the eggs will take will google it later but if they hatch will post some pics

Post a pic and i'll tell you what kind of parrot he is :)

And as for Macaw...believe me they can handle themselves lol my macaw was a bold as brass loved her to bits!

Max is fine with the aviary but when in the park he loves to chase birds

Yuki runs the length of the aviary barking when she gets to the end to make them all fly

We also have this parrot thing its huge no idea what it is was dumped on us when a friend moved house, well max and yuki surround the cage trying to figure how to get it

Its now living in the spare room while its tail grows back,

I'm not sure what happened other than it made horrid noise i called both max and yuki, and as normal it was yuki she had all its tail feathers in her mouth poor little thing is fine been assure they will grow back but now have a lock on the door lol

I will post some pic of the finches tomorrow

not sure how long the eggs will take will google it later but if they hatch will post some pics

Post a pic and i'll tell you what kind of parrot he is smile.gif

And as for Macaw...believe me they can handle themselves lol my macaw was a bold as brass loved her to bits!

thanks would like to know what he is, he is the same size as an african grey

you cant see it very well in the pics but he has blue and red on his tail and under each wing and a bit of bule on his belly

pict00122w.jpgpict00012.jpg

• 3 months later...

thanks would like to know what he is, he is the same size as an african grey

you cant see it very well in the pics but he has blue and red on his tail and under each wing and a bit of bule on his belly

pict00122w.jpgpict00012.jpg

awww lovely! I'm a bird nut too! I've got two oldie tiels, one 22 and one 20 years old, two green cheek conures - one 7 and one 2, one senegal 6yrs, and one african grey two years old... I had zebra finches a few years ago. They were inside and bred non stop! I lost my love bird last year, again an inside companion bird and it was lovely. It paired up with one of my green cheeks and they were very cute together.

Good luck with the chicks!