Huskys in the News

Verrillion

Just seen a article in Daily Mail online about GOT star  berating people for getting Huskys. Ive written a comment or two plus adding recommendation to look in our site here for info. Also added bit about Brexit as it a reoccurring theme of intrest in the comments. ( the banning of high powered vacumn cleaners by EU)

One of the reasons I voted leave was because the EU banned the sale of high powered vaccumn cleaners to save the planet. Ive a HOOVER and a VAX that are completely crap at hoovering up husky hair. In fact I was thinking of starting a section where we could vote for best vaccumn cleaner for huskys as ive had a load of crap ones over the years. Might even get a few site sponsors  from intrested manufactuers but they can   get short  shift if they expect good review for crap product.  Id be willing to do tests mind on ones they would like to send me.  Got a carpet cleaner that worked all of once but failed when husky hairs destroyed it. (was being used to clear up after husky accidents).

One of the reasons I voted leave was because the EU banned the sale of high powered vaccumn cleaners to save the planet. Ive a HOOVER and a VAX that are completely crap at hoovering up husky hair. In fact I was thinking of starting a section where we could vote for best vaccumn cleaner for huskys as ive had a load of crap ones over the years. Might even get a few site sponsors  from intrested manufactuers but they can   get short  shift if they expect good review for crap product.  Id be willing to do tests mind on ones they would like to send me.  Got a carpet cleaner that worked all of once but failed when husky hairs destroyed it. (was being used to clear up after husky accidents).
We've got hardwood floors so our $99 hoover works just fine [emoji28]

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

If you were in the EU and they banned termite killer you might be a tad upset if  then you then had to fight the decision in a parliament in Europe against the uber green  activists. But having been Australia (Queensland Anakie gemfields) id suggest a few more green people needed there as the poor little Koalas having a bad time when I there. Anyways hi from Scotland my two wanting out to lay in  the sun outside.Spring happening here possibly tad early due to hot weather my daffodils coming into flower.(im weird in when things happen im at 1200ft above sea lv and it kills seasons by s month. being in Scotland200 miles away from where I was born also kills season by a month. Usually my full daffodil show is in May.

My Shark vacuum is great, picks up husky hair no problem [emoji1360] the game of thrones story is an old one from last year, but good for him for speaking up about the problem

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

I’ve had a Henry for over a year and it’s ok ish, I treated myself to a dyson v8, it’s the best thing I bought myself, (sounds a little sad) makes light work of husky fur........AND it’s cordless. (I don’t work for dyson if it’s crossing your minds)

Sent from my iPad using Husky Owners

I’ve had a Henry for over a year and it’s ok ish, I treated myself to a dyson v8, it’s the best thing I bought myself, (sounds a little sad) makes light work of husky fur........AND it’s cordless. (I don’t work for dyson if it’s crossing your minds)

My Shark is cordless too! The EU had better not confiscate it from me I’ll be fuming [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

i just use a £39.99 econo own brand hoover from Argos works great for dog fur and is now 5 years old and still running on its first belt only down side is its bagless so you get a face full of dust ever time you empty it but for price  life etc its been a great cheap investment, as i know people who have paid hundreds for dysons and other top brands and said they were rubbish at dealing with fur  etc

• 8 months later...

Gosh, seems like my furry monsters friends have finally destroyed my beloved Bissell. Thanks Spyro and Luna.
So ladies -  and Paul - opinions are needed, since it was a treacherous and sudden death considering that we maintained our vacuum quite well. I realise, that (almost) all of you are UK residents, still - how good are Sharks and Dysons when dealing with husky hair? I'm choosing between these two as these were highly recommended on the other dog forum, still would like to get an opinion of husky owners. Unfortunately, comparisons I found (I'm talking about articles like this one) are not really reliable, so I've also checked out some reviews from Amazon... and still can't choose. 
Thinking about something lightweight, portable but powerful at the same time (dog owner fantasies, hah!).

On 4/13/2019 at 3:23 AM, chelseafan said:

I heard that they work about 20 minutes only while fully charged, is that so? 

I realise that's kind of thread hijacking, still, I decided not to start another one, as I found this thread using the search function. It's an urgency, after all, as our roomba and hand cleaning is certainly not enough to stop this fur madness...
So any help would be appreciated, of course. 

On 12/27/2019 at 10:39 AM, jane_spyro said:

Gosh, seems like my furry monsters friends have finally destroyed my beloved Bissell. Thanks Spyro and Luna.
So ladies -  and Paul - opinions are needed, since it was a treacherous and sudden death considering that we maintained our vacuum quite well. I realise, that (almost) all of you are UK residents, still - how good are Sharks and Dysons when dealing with husky hair? I'm choosing between these two as these were highly recommended on the other dog forum, still would like to get an opinion of husky owners. Unfortunately, comparisons I found (I'm talking about articles like this one) are not really reliable, so I've also checked out some reviews from Amazon... and still can't choose. 
Thinking about something lightweight, portable but powerful at the same time (dog owner fantasies, hah!).

I heard that they work about 20 minutes only while fully charged, is that so? 

I realise that's kind of thread hijacking, still, I decided not to start another one, as I found this thread using the search function. It's an urgency, after all, as our roomba and hand cleaning is certainly not enough to stop this fur madness...
So any help would be appreciated, of course. 

we used to have a dyson  and at the time I was happy with it.....then we got the shark lift away and I was converted.  Only down side is the dust holder is smaller so I have to empty it more often and the fact that because it’s lighter I have a tendency to tip it over when I’m using the hose and trying to reach just that little bit further, lol. 

Archived