G'day everyone!

My name is Melissa and i live in Brisbane, Australia. My partner and I have a 6 month old male husky named Shadow. We both fell in love with the breed after getting introduced to our friends husky and are so happy to have such a lovely dog to love and cherish. He is such a character and we are always in fits of laughter over something he has done.

I have just one question to ask as only one of his testicles has dropped. How long does it take for them to drop? Should i be getting worried or is this normal with the breed?

Looking forward to hearing from everyone!

Hi Melissa. Welcome to the Pack! Testicals are not my area of expertise. Sorry. I've only owned one male dog (Irish Setter) many years ago, and he was neutered at six months. My guess, and that's all it is, if one has dropped, the other should be close behind. But like I said, not my area of expertise. Most of the members are in the UK, so it's about 4:15 in the morning there right now. Within the next 12 hours, you'll probably have your answer. Shadow is a handsome Husky.

hi and welcome to the site shadow it lovely, it can take between 6 and 12 months for the Testicals to drop, so i would not worry just yet, maybe if they have not dropped by 8 month you could put your mind at rest with a vet check. keep checking some times they can drop without you noticing xxxx

hey welcome to the pack!

not sure on the dropping subject im afraid, I'v only had kira, whos a bitch (if one drops down now im gunna scream!! lmao)

I agree with Linda, give it a couple of months then take him for an exam, if nothing else at least it'll stop you worrying :)

Hiya, Melissa, Shane & Shadow, welcome to the pack :wave:

Shadow is a real beauty! Lovely dark mask .... :wub:

I wouldn't worry too much just yet, but if you don't notice a change in the next few months, get him checked out, maybe when / if he has a booster, etc at around a year ...

Oh, BTW, can I ask for LOADS more piccies, please?? :lol: :lol:

Blaze only had 1 dropped when we took him 2 the vets at around 9 weeks old we were told it can take up2 6 months 2 a year old till they do drop - blaze's had dropped 2 weeks later i wud just keep checking him it shud drop eventually - if not tho he will need 2 get the chop as it can cause problems

also welcome to the pack :) cnt w8 2 c LOADS ov pics :)

Hi and welcome to the pack :)

It's not a common thing with the breed specifically, i'd wait a few more months then ask the vet to check it out if you're still worried. One thing I would advise if it doesn't drop for whatever reason is to eventually, when he's old enough, get him neutered.

Paws crossed it will drop, it may just take a little bit longer :)

Look forward to seeing you around :D