Christmas Rules for the Dog

PaulG

Dear dog,

Christmas is a time of fun, friends, family and food and is arguably one of the best times of the year. However, we know it can be very confusing for you – humans are more frantic than usual, a large tree is brought into the house and there tends to be a lot of visitors.

So, we’d like to try and explain the craziness of the festive season to you.

The tree is not a toilet

Real or fake, it’s more than likely that we will bring a large tree into the house and cover it with lights, tinsel and decorations. Please don’t be alarmed, or….

• Pee on the tree, that’s not cool
  • Drink water in the container that holds the tree. You have your own bowl
  • Rip open the packages underneath the tree, no matter how interesting they smell
  • Wagg your tail too much when near the tree

Friends and family are not attacking your kingdom

People will ring the bell of doom on the door and come into your house. Some you may be familiar with, others may be complete strangers. Please try and remember that not all humans appreciate wet, sloppy kisses or loud barking. Please don’t be offended by people who sit on your sofa. It’s temporary, we promise.

Festive food is not your personal buffet

Humans go crazy with food at Christmas and we will almost certainly eat and drink too much. With so much food around, please don’t be tempted to steal pigs in blankets from the buffet. Also, please don’t mistake Christmas decorations for food. They took dad ages to put up and are not edible.

Allow Santa a free passage down the chimney

There’s a magical chap, called Santa, who knows when you are sleeping, and knows when you’re awake. He has a white beard, wears a red suit and eats a lot of mince pies. He could emerge from your fireplace in the middle of the night. Please do not bite him.

@PaulG ~ That's hilarious[emoji23] but very well said & needed for safety!! Also, don't want any trees getting pounced on or starting a fire.[emoji91]
Our artificial tree is up & not decorated [emoji268] (yet). We are slowly doing it in stages bcuz both our babies [emoji252][emoji252] have never seen a Christmas tree...(please God help us with this tree[emoji120] ). So far, things are going well!!
Thank you again!![emoji318][emoji319][emoji320] [emoji4]

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

P.S. I've got the dogs' presents[emoji320] [emoji320] (new SNAKEYS[emoji216][emoji216]) in the trunk of the car!! I sure hope they aren't reading this!!
[emoji85][emoji851][emoji252][emoji252][emoji23]

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived