acting strange after loss

Smokey

We recently lost one of our (6) cats. Mister was our diabetic ebony loud and snuggled bug. He was fussed over the most over most of our other cats; frankly because he demanded attention with his lonesome wails if he for an instant felt forsaken.

Smokey, our husky, and Mister explicitly on occasion would quarrel with each other. Our husky has a heck of a prey drive but Mister would simply roll over and meow at him if Smokey ever partook in his prey like pouncing nonsense. It was quite the spectacle because despite the seemingly threatening nature of their 'fights' one could tell they were the best of buddies...

Ever since we lost Mister, my husky does not want to come inside. He lolls around outside or sulks in his crate for most of the day. Am not sure what is going on but it's been like this for a few weeks now...It's odd because our cat was strictly in door (both were although separated for times without supervision).

Any suggestions on cheering my ole chap up?

Not even Zeeva, our GSD or Tryst, one of our other dear kitties, can get him to behave like his nonchalant old self...

How long do you think this will last?

Hi, Amina

Long time. . .

Sorry for your loss. No words of advice other than give smokey time.

Try and keep his routine as normal as possible , I wish I could help but when we lost bing's I think skyla and blaze coped better having each other but I think having the routine helped too we kept everything as normal as possible n gave them their space if they wanted it

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

Good to hear from you Amina, although I'm sorry to hear it's under these circumstances. Sorry for your loss. [emoji20]
Honestly I don't know how long it will last, I guess it's like with us humans in that it varies a lot.
Only things I can think to help are to do lots of the things he would typically enjoy the most. Going for a long walk can help, exercise helps to occupy the mind and the change of scenery might hopefully help for a little while. They recommend joining a walking group for human depression so I guess it can't hurt to try.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Archived