HELP!! Bald patches!

Wolfee

I am freaking out, I've just found a massive bald patch on Freya's chest!! Like completely bald!

her muzzle near her nose has small bald patches because we think she has a zinc deficiency, so we've just started feeding her raw sardines mixed with her dry, and it's getting better but I've literally only just seen this patch on her when I was cuddling her!  

What is it?! Do I need a vet? 

She seems fine like her character is normal and she's running around being playful normally, eating normally and all that.... 

anyone help? 

image.jpg

Here's some more pictures of it I managed to get... 

if you notice there's a pinkish/reddish tinge to her fur, that's why I think she has a zinc deficiency, because she had it around her muzzle and around the fur on her mouth... 

IMG_4556.JPG

IMG_4558.JPG

IMG_4559.JPG

I have photos of Marley showing the same pinky tinge to his fur  -   and it was caused by dogs saliva  -  in his case it was because my other dog had his mouth round Marley's throat so much as a pup.   Have you noticed her licking the fur at all???    I agree to get it checked out though.  

the circle with dark edge kind of reminds me of Ringworm hope it isnt as that. But get a vet to look at it and hope its just a hot spot

if its ring worm every animal and person in the huse will need treatment, its common in rural areas with cattle horses etc

1 hour ago, PaulG said:

the circle with dark edge kind of reminds me of Ringworm hope it isnt as that. But get a vet to look at it and hope its just a hot spot

if its ring worm every animal and person in the huse will need treatment, its common in rural areas with cattle horses etc

I don't think it's ringworm, she's had this for a month and a bit now on her nose and our other dog isn't affected at all, and since adding more fish to her diet it's improving... thanks though, I appreciate all of the replies! I freaked out when I found it 

I would still get it looked at by a vet i just noticed it seemed to have a dark ring around the outside could just be the pic but i remember seeing that many years ago on a farm that had an outbreak of ringworm.

on the subject of Zinc i am wondering if any one knows a good supliment i could get other than fish as so far i am lucky and other than snow nose my husky hasnt shown any signs of it but a tablet every few days in his food would probably help

• 3 years later...
11 hours ago, Lulu317 said:

Any update as to what this was? My baby just got it. I took her to the Er but the doctor said he didn’t know and otherwise she was healthy. Have another appointment for December 26, but would love help trying to treat it in the meantime . 

Do you have pictures?

Archived