How clever is your Husky?

chelseafan

Cai woke me up this morning at 2.15 to let me know he needed to go outside, nothing unusual about that, except my two sleep in the kitchen and I have a safety gate, so he'd taken the top of the hinged side off, the spring was on the floor, then he lifted the gate off the frame and ran upstairs jumped on my bed and licked my face then ran back down and was waiting by the back 86113a51efbaef1bdeae17d8c8438333.jpgdoor. Not even my kids did that!!

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

Lol. Mine haven't tried that yet. Ice didn't even realise that he could jump over the baby gate! Bear on the other hand jumped it easily so we got a dog gate instead and that stopped her thankfully.
Tbh I was surprised that it was a Bear who jumped it. Undoubtedly she's the brains of the pair but she's also very large and very heavy, I didn't think she could! I was wrong, lol.

Think I'm investing in a dog gate, Luka jumps over, when I say jump, he just flops over it. Cai's definitely the brains behind the outfit.
They were having their usual play fight at 6 this morning, sounds more like cats wailing, so up I get and start the distraction plan, treat reward for tricks, but Luka didn't want to sit for his treat, I must have told him 3 times so Cai was sat behind him and pushed his front paw on his back and made him sit, all I need now is for him to discipline my kids.
I'd kill for a lie in!

When we lived at our previous address, my boy Darwin learned how to open the single glazed windows.

He nudged the locking bar up with his nose, then got his teeth to turn the handle, bunted the window and out.

He escaped 3 times before we cottoned on to how he was doing it.

had to screw the windows shut after that.

Huskies are very tenacious and determined where escaping and food are concerned.

Lol, they act as though they're prisoners hatching an escape plan! They watch ALL the time, especially when I'm cooking..... I say to them any chance you can cook a meal yet!
I took them both for a run in an enclosed field, we had permission and thought this would be a great play area, couldn't believe they were casing the perimeter looking for a way out, it wouldn't matter how big an area they had they just want to be free. I often wonder whether males are worse or are females just the same.

Archived