Hey! I have a 6 month old siberian husky girl, and she is biting me whenever she is frustrated, wants to play, when she is tired and so on! I feel like her biting is becoming Harder and harder, and i dont know what to do... I am afraid it will escalate! Do anyone have any tips for us? 

She's past the point of where yelping like her siblings will help , I would get a house line (long lead without a handle) when she nips u ignore her , take the lead and remove her from the room until she's calm n let her back in , she will soon learn that nipping gets her nothing

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

Bindi did this in the beginning when we got her...removed her every time put her in the hall and used to say "going in the hall"...now if she is really really naughty only have to say you are going in the hall...and she stops...

• 2 weeks later...

We had this problem with Harry, though he was older than 6 months when we rescued him.  

We tried 'time out' and ignoring him when he mouthed us, it helped a bit but only fully stopped once we got Snowy (4 month puppy).

Snowy has never mouthed us, I think it's because he has always played rough with Harry.  

You have to remember huskies are pack animals and they are playing with you like they would a sibling or another dog, so they aren't being aggressive.

My 5 month old Blue does this as well. But it's only out of wanting to okay when you pet him or he's riled up. Not sure how to stop it either but I was hoping he'd grow out of it. We have two Chi's and that doesn't seem to help, he plays a bit dominant with them lol.

Archived