Ezydog harness opinions, please

We have recently bought an Ezydog harness for Big D, XL which is just a comfortable fit on him (at it's largest size!). While I'm not questioning the quality of the harness, I don't like the fact it seems to 'swivel' round him! It looks quite uncomfortable on him sometimes, though it doesn't seem to bother him.

I also noticed this pic of Smithy modelling his (2nd pic down) http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/index.php?/topic/6934-smithys-new-harness/page__pid__91372__st__0entry91372 and the harness has done the same on Smithy.

Is there any way to stop it? I know loads of you use them, so have you noticed this? What do you think? Or is it because the one he has just outgrown was fixed by stitching so couldn't 'swivel' round him & I'm just noticing it?

Your opinions appreciated - thank you! :D

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do u mean the front padded bit? mine does this on blaze too but only occassionally it doesnt seem 2 bother blaze tho - and when i notice it has swivled i stop and straighten it out maybe u cud stitch it loosely so it stays in place but if u need 2 adjust it u can cut the stitches out? (seems hassle i no) but like i sed the swivling doesnt seem 2 both blaze at all i dont think he even notices

Same thing would CONSTANTLY happen with Aspen. Honestly, I don't see what all the hype is about with this particular harness. I hated having to consistently rearrange his chest plate. Therefore, I gave his Ezy harness away to a friend and bought Web Master Harness. It's by far the best harness out there. It also attaches to my Palisades Pack. Best duo purchase I've ever bought for Aspen!

Same thing would CONSTANTLY happen with Aspen. Honestly, I don't see what all the hype is about with this particular harness. I hated having to consistently rearrange his chest plate. Therefore, I gave his Ezy harness away to a friend and bought Web Master Harness. It's by far the best harness out there. It also attaches to my Palisades Pack. Best duo purchase I've ever bought for Aspen!

G30, Thank you very much for including those Two links.

WOW, now that is what we call a proper Harness and Palisades Pack !

We have just found a shop in the United Kingdom that sells BOTH items, as a complete pack, in Wales. Web Master Harness and Palisades Complete Pack

As soon as we saw them, we could tell they looked very robust for a sturdy Husky and we have just placed an order for our boy, Ice, and our little girl Kira, for when she grows up !

Thanks again G30,

Ivan & Paul.

No problem Ivan & Paul, glad I could suggest something that would prove helpful in the future. I trail hike weekly throughout various state parks here in Texas, and I cannot begin to tell you how helpful that Palisades pack has proven to be. Aspen carries both his and Paxton's food & toys in his pack (even snacks for myself)! Not to mention they will drink directly from the hydrating hoses and absolutely love it! To be able to simply detach the saddlebags and hang them up on a tree when needed is probably the greatest thing about this pack! The handle on the Web Master allows me to help Paxton up tougher areas that Labs cannot manage as well as my hopping & leaping Sibe. ;)

Ruff Wear in general produces nothing but quality dog gear. I also own the DoubleBack Collars along with the DoubleBack Leashes for both my boys. Both have proven invaluable.

Ruff Wear's Lunkers are the ONLY water-capable toys that neither my Sibe or Lab can tear into pieces whatsoever. I've gone through dozens of toys that just don't live up to the quality of the Lunker.

My next purchase from them will definitely be the Bark'n Boots for both my boys, as the terrain in Texas can be VERY dangerous to the paws of any dog. (Cactus is EVERYWHERE)!

Anyhoot, hope you enjoy your harness + pack combo, I've yet to have a single complaint about any items I purchase from Ruff Wear.

The harness doesn't seem to bother him as the chest plate stays in the same position, so I'm happy. That other harness looks well nice but at £90 ohmy.gif I think I won't be getting one just yet...wink.gif

woah £90 blink.gif think ill HAVE 2 stick 2 my ezydog wether i wanted 2 or not lol tongue.gif

Remember now, that £90 is for BOTH the Web Master Harness + Palisades Pack. If you just wanted the Web Master Harness, you can purchase it by itself for around £26.

Also do remember you are buying into QUALITY gear compared to a £10 EzyDog Harness.

Remember now, that £90 is for BOTH the Web Master Harness + Palisades Pack. If you just wanted the Web Master Harness, you can purchase it by itself for around £26.

Also do remember you are buying into QUALITY gear compared to a £10 EzyDog Harness.

90 quid ! i'd rather just tie a couple of Tesco carrier bags to the "D" ring of my cheapo Ezydog harness & make it drink from a mucky puddle like other dogswink.gif

When my boy's a bit bigger he's gonna have the Ezydog Summit backpack,just hope the more trendy dogs don't take the pisstongue.gif

Guest snowdog

i have 3 kids n 3 sibes n they all cum b4 me biggrin.gif

and they all hav best quality of what i buy,even on my income as single mum, i hate to buiy cheap shite, even if i do hav to save smile.gif

£10 or £1000,they don't care,they'll still use it to drag you down the street!

lmao that's so true especailly with my 2 lol

I've found my harnesses do exactly the same thing, more so on Kimba than Kaiser but I think kimba's is a bit too big for him it keeps coming looser - they're bringing out a new one mid Feb so going to see what the reviews are like on that one

lmao that's so true especailly with my 2 lol

I've found my harnesses do exactly the same thing, more so on Kimba than Kaiser but I think kimba's is a bit too big for him it keeps coming looser - they're bringing out a new one mid Feb so going to see what the reviews are like on that one

Yeah! Nice one Sarah,thats right,they do exactly the same thingwink.gif

LOVE my ezy dog harness my boy pulls like a train (tho hes gettin better) and i was worried that one day it wud snap but its withstood Blazes pullin and if it can do that then its won for me - my boys come b4 me ALL the time too but i like the harness ive got and dont need a new 1 so ill stick with what i no :) lol

No problem Ivan & Paul, glad I could suggest something that would prove helpful in the future. I trail hike weekly throughout various state parks here in Texas, and I cannot begin to tell you how helpful that Palisades pack has proven to be. Aspen carries both his and Paxton's food & toys in his pack (even snacks for myself)! Not to mention they will drink directly from the hydrating hoses and absolutely love it! To be able to simply detach the saddlebags and hang them up on a tree when needed is probably the greatest thing about this pack! The handle on the Web Master allows me to help Paxton up tougher areas that Labs cannot manage as well as my hopping & leaping Sibe. ;)

Ruff Wear in general produces nothing but quality dog gear. I also own the DoubleBack Collars along with the DoubleBack Leashes for both my boys. Both have proven invaluable.

Ruff Wear's Lunkers are the ONLY water-capable toys that neither my Sibe or Lab can tear into pieces whatsoever. I've gone through dozens of toys that just don't live up to the quality of the Lunker.

My next purchase from them will definitely be the Bark'n Boots for both my boys, as the terrain in Texas can be VERY dangerous to the paws of any dog. (Cactus is EVERYWHERE)!

Anyhoot, hope you enjoy your harness + pack combo, I've yet to have a single complaint about any items I purchase from Ruff Wear.

Just like to add the Bark 'n' Boots are great, below is a picture of our GSD George wearing them at the dog park yesterday. George always scrapes his pads when running around like a loon but these boots have saved his poor pads from anymore damage & they didn't even slow him down :D best doggy purchase I have ever made.

035.jpg

I must say, I am very impressed with the ezydog harness, if a 7 1/2 stone husky can wear it & it does it's job, then that's OK by me - I wish I had only paid £10 for it like someone has said! :D deffo went the wrong shop there!

Seriously though, it was just the harness shifting left to right that made me think "is it me? have I got it on the poor lad right?" :lol: but as long as others have found this, then I'm happy I'm using it correctly & it's not gonna hurt D or be uncomfortable for him :)