Ezydog harness opinions, please

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest snowdog

id just like to clear one thing up here, each to their own as regards to what works best!, everyone has their likes n dislikes, and what works for one does not work for another, as with all things in life, one person may buy an item and it does the job adequatly, myself hav had a range of different harnesses till i settled on the one that works best for me n my pack, i say cheap tat as meaning any of the others i have used prior to the ones i have at present, so as regards to whatever anyone else uses my statement is due to my experience with that particular brand and not to make judgments on anyone elses choice of brand, just wanted to clear that up as i feel ppl may be put out by my previous posts, essay over tar muchly biggrin.gif (smilie makes things better)tongue.gif hehehaha

Anyone know if this is sold in stores in the US? I'd rather see how it fits before buying it ya know? Looks better than most harnesses I've seen and the price is great too.

Yea they do have them here in the U.S.

I have one for Andy and it helps A LOT. lol. It really does make walking him easier but still a challenge. I bought mine for about 30$ if i remember correctly. At first i was sort of confused on how to actually put it on him :P

One time after a walk when i took off the harness and went to the bathroom he chewed on one of the buckles and actually broke off the piece and this was the first day with the harness. Amazingly it still works.

Overall just an amazing harness even though its the first harness i have used some other people recommended it to me highly especially for Andy who loves to pull.

Guess your choice is down to personal preference and your dog. Ours are race-fit hard and sustained pullers and I can give examples from other owners of both the Eze harness, and their bungee lead snapping, So I wouldn't personally use either for ours.

Another option you could consider are Manmat distance or walking harnesses. They have a nice sound reputation for reliable kit designed for, and suitable for pullers ;)

http://www.manmat.eu...splayProduct/19

http://www.manmat.eu/ (2nd and 6th items on page)

They DO ship worldwide, theres no import duty to pay in the UK, and all our orders from them have arrived within 10 days.

There are UK suppliers of Manmat gear. Check out Snopeak and the SSHC websites. Snowpaw store also do them, but rather pricey :mellow: (As in an x-back would cost us double what it cost to buy them direct from Manmat, including shipping)

cheers guys B)

I know we paid around £13 per harness for x-backs with the shipping added in, so rough-guess at the ones I linked being around that? definately no more than £20, and never heard a report of one breaking. There are working kennels out there using the distance harnesses on race teams, so says to me they are up to the job ;)

just checked the prices:

Snowpaw store: £25.99..........:blink:

SSHC: £16

(snopeak sales page not working)

Lyn,

I'm not sure how to pick between the different Manmant harnesses. I'm looking for one for canicross and hopefully rollerjorring. I think that leaves the Guard (2), Soft Universal (6) and the Merhi (9). Yanky is on the tall lanky side and still growing, having exceeded 60cms in both shoulder height and length. You have mentioned owning the Merhi in the past too.

Would you also recommend their dog back pack (you have an ezydog one instead)? This would just be for yanky to carry the groceries when we are out tongue.gif but I thought I could save on shipping costs.

Yea they do have them here in the U.S.

I have one for Andy and it helps A LOT. lol. It really does make walking him easier but still a challenge. I bought mine for about 30$ if i remember correctly. At first i was sort of confused on how to actually put it on him :P

One time after a walk when i took off the harness and went to the bathroom he chewed on one of the buckles and actually broke off the piece and this was the first day with the harness. Amazingly it still works.

Overall just an amazing harness even though its the first harness i have used some other people recommended it to me highly especially for Andy who loves to pull.

Do you know what stores it's sold at? All we have around here that I know of is Petco, Petsmart and Pet supplies plus. They all don't sell emsad.gif Might just have to order them. Does the sizing chart prove to be true? Pongo is 28 inches around his chest so I believe a large harness would be in order? What is interesting is the backpack has different sizing so he would need a medium in that... Very odd.

Jaahar, For cani-x and rollerjor (You mad fool lol!) I'd go for the Guard (long distance). Thats the most commonly-used one seen out on the race trails for sports where the lines have a higher attatchment point than a rig (like your walki-belt etc).

Can't comment on their backpacks, as not something we've ever used. Have seen one and they LOOK ok if that helps? All the other kit we've used from Manmat has been good quality and durable (We've been using, abusing and 40 degree washing some of our X-back harnesses for years now, and still as good as new)

Do you know what stores it's sold at? All we have around here that I know of is Petco, Petsmart and Pet supplies plus. They all don't sell emsad.gif Might just have to order them. Does the sizing chart prove to be true? Pongo is 28 inches around his chest so I believe a large harness would be in order? What is interesting is the backpack has different sizing so he would need a medium in that... Very odd.

We bought it at Petsmart. We actually got it the last day of my dogs obedience class and one of the people that worked their suggested the specific harness. The person who worked their actually just took the harness out of the box and let Andy try it out so i am not to sure on the size. We got him a large which is a little big for him but since hes still young he is supposed to grow into it. Maybe the people who work their will let Pongo also try the harness out before you buy it. Good luck :D

For those interested in the Ruffwear Palisades Harness in the UK, Cotswold (http://www.cotswoldoutdoor.com/) carry them and you might be able to find them instore to get a hands on feel. I'll let you know if I find it in London.

-jaafar

Unfortunately Cotswold does not carry the Ruffwear products instore, at least in London. They are available only online as per the salesperson I asked (I did get a some weird looks for asking about dog products blink.gif).