Newbie :)

jrzl

Hi

just thought i would say hello before i ask any questions :)

i currently dont own a husky but

i am looking to get a husky soon. i am doing lots of research now. (ive been researching the breed and some good reputable breeders for about a year and a half now)& i thought is there a better place than a husky forum full of husky owners ?

i currently own 5 dogs (4 chihuahuas & 1 cavalier king charles spaniel) && i would love to add a husky to the pack

my main concern is the huskies prey drive and how they play very rough . this concerns me because of my 4 chi's. i was wondering if anyone on here has small dogs as well as huskies and weather they are something to worry about as i dont want my chi's hurt or put in any kind of danger. would they be fine together if brought up together from the husky being a pup?

any help is much appreciated

thanks

:)

welcome to the pack alot ov ppl on here have small dogs with the sibes i no 1 person on here who has a chi cross and they get on fine (im pretty sure theres others too but i cnt remember lol) if u bring ur sibe up with ur chis as a pup then u shudnt have a problem just obviously dont leave them unsupervised as sibes can play rough and even as a pup are quite abit bigger than a full grown chi - also well done on doin ur reasearch 1st biggrin.gif any other questions u have feel free 2 post up every1 on here is very helpful and friendly, dont 4get 2 add pics ov ur pup when u get him/her smile.gif

Hi and welcome to the pack :)

Research as much as you can - I promise you - you can never do too much lol

Providing that they are introduced and supervised and trained properly, you shouldn't have too much of an issue, you may find you chi is more domiant over your husky - stranger things have happened lol

Look forward to seeing you around and good luck on your search for a sibe :) Feel free to pop back any time and ask anything and everything :)

Bringing a Husky puppy into a family unit that already has adult chi's would be a better bet than bringin chi puppies into a family with an adult Husky. So I think you have that in your favor. Then, do as Sarah has suggested. Oh, almost forgot. Welcome to the Pack! Kudos for doing your research BEFORE getting a Husky.

Hi, jrzl, welcome to the pack :wave:

you are so right to research loads & ask questions now - will make being owned by a sibe much easier!! :D

I agree introducing the sibe as a pup will be much better than the other way around, your pup will grow up having had all the other dogs around & will fit into the pack

Good luck with your search, pics are a must when you get your furbaby! And keep asking those questions! :D

Hey ya, wave.gif

Welcome to the pack!! Hope you enjoy the site and make many friends chatting about this lovely Breed biggrin.gif Please feel free to ask any questions as everyone is happy to help!! Hope you find the Siberian Husky to be the right Breed for you and your family biggrin.gif Look forward to chatting to you x x x x

Hello welcome to the pack.

Good to hear your doing your research :D

I can see why you are concerned about having a sibe with 4 chi's. Take a look at this thread Chihuahua and huskies or this one Huskies and small dogs maybe you will be able to find some advise there :)

All the best, and before it gets forgotten we need pics :D