no pupp yet, but will be getting one very soon

Hello .. im new to the site but not new to living with dogs, ive been lucky enough to live with a beautiful cocker spaniel for 9-10 years but about a year ago due to old age and some medical complications she passed away :( . even tho she wasnt a dog of my choice i grew to love her and treat her as part of my family. its been about a year and a half and im now starting to feel that "man best friend" feeling and its time for me to move on and find a new dog. this time around im picking the dog thats right for me. i always wanted a cool looking active dog and i always had my eyes on siberian huskys, a nice black and white coat with blue eyes... beautiful breed.

im from queens NY and i live in a house, grassy backyard and frontyard, nice neighborhood with a few parks in the area and i also have friends with dogs. so ive been doing my research about the husky breed and raising one in a multiclimate area around kids and people. i want my husky to grow healthy, happy and clean. i will be on the site asking questions and absorbing all the info from u guys/gals and ur husky/dog experiances. Just wanted to say hi and i will be posting pics of my little guy As Soon As I Bring Him Home.

Welcome to the Pack! Lots of good information on this site. Any questions, just ask. Also have lots of members here with loads of experience and knowledge.

Hey there and welcome! Sorry to here about your little cocker girl, feel free to post up some stuff on our rainbrow bridge section where we remeber our fury friends no longer with us.

Always good to here someone is doing their research before bringing the dog home!

Theres a couple of really helpful threads that have been pinned to look at about the breed in general, how to find a good breeder and such so check those out...

also if your not totally seduced by the idea of a baby pup then please also think about looking into a few shelters, there are more and more huskies apearing in shelters because some people arnt as smart as you and check out the breed before bringing home the bundle of fluff that quickly turns into a large dog that needs alot of attention and exercise!

Other than that ask anything you can think of and browse around, plenty to look at and lots of people to advise! biggrin.gif